p pumped 12v into a 77 GMC

Milford

How hard would this swap be? It has a NV4500 in it already so what would I need to make it mount up right?

depending on the nv4500 you might have to change that make sure you have the larger input shaft and in that case you will only have to switch the bell housing and input shaft

you can buy a cross member to weld in or bolt in to also make the engine set in

If you have a 96 or new Nv4500 than you can swap the input shaft,bearing and seal retainer. Pre 96 the case has a different bolt pattern ,some have redrilled and some you can't.

The mounts and engine crossmember are bolt it if your wanting to buy them.

I sell a converion kit ,mounts,member,hyd kit,bell housing kit if needed.

Introductions - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

the trans cross member are custom and easily movable. I was told by the owner who owns a 12v cummins and knows a lot about them said I would need a different bellhousing and input shaft for it. I have a welder and I believe making the engine mounts would not be to difficult. The truck was built to be a mud truck to the drivetrain is tough on this thing. 14 bolt rear and I think he said a 10 bolt 44 front. I really want to do this because it would be a nice DD that I can make a nice puller if I wanted to.

How hard would this swap be? It has a NV4500 in it already so what would I need to make it mount up right?

Did you get this figured out and the swap done? I'm hoping to be doing this same thing this summer. Where did you end up getting your parts from?

I have not done this yet. I just got back from afghnistan yesterday. I am getting everything figured out right now. I am being told the input shaft on a NV4500 out of a GM is a 10 spline which I think is the same out of a Dodge. The bell housing will have to be different but I think that is all I have to change. I know the GM trans has different ratios for 1st sencond and third but that is no biggie they are just lower gears which I like.

yes you will need a different bellhousing for sure. trans and front engine crossmembers will need modification with a welder buddy its no big deal. if i can give one word of advice, upgrade that dana 44 or 10 bolt to a dana 60 before you drop the motor in. save yourself the time money and headache off the bat. i know that from learning the hard way

I need to find a motor first. As for the cross members the transmission one is already a modded one and can be moved on the truck and set in place to mount with this.

For the motor crossmember I am moving that completley. The new one is going to be in the front of the motor making the whole oilpan accesible. No need to pull a motor anymore I can just drop the pan and pull the head!

PM HotRodTractor. At one time he had an older GMC with a 12v (may still have it he's sort of a pack rat :poke:). I can't remember what year his was.

LOL I know him from the Nation. Never met him but I can say I have some respect for his truck.