p-pumped 12v nv4500 wiring on chevy swap

black4x4

Cheater Motor sports
I'm looking into swapping a 12v into a 73-87 style chevy for a tow pig setup and everything seems like it would be pretty easy as far as fabricating mounts and what not. But what I don't know about is the wiring, does anyone know what all is involved with a swap like this. I figured the starter would hook up the same as the chevy, the gauge wiring would just need to be hooked to the 12v sending units, anything else I don't really know what to do.

Also for the fuel system would a new tank with no pump in it with a airdog or fass setup feeding the p-pump be good for the fuel system? or would there be a better way.

Your on the right track. The 12V only needs a few wires to make it run and You could run all mechanical guages in that truck if you wanted since the dash holes are perfect.

As for the fuel system that would work as well as long as it has a regulated return to keep from pushing to much preasure to the pump.

So for the fuel system just toss a aeromotive reg. set to 20-40psi in the system before the p-pump and run a return off it back to the tank.

And for wiring all that I need to hook up is the starter, alternator, and some type of fuel shutoff cycliniod, and run power to the lift pump that I decided to use. with that stuff hooked up it should run or am I missing something? and as for gauges I definatily plan to run autometers in place of the factory stuff but would rather not run mechanical gauges inside the cab.

I'm not sure what the preasure needs to be at the pump on these engines since I'm just starting to mess with them but sure someon can inform you.

Yes power to starter, alternator, fuel relay and shutoff is all you need.