P pumped 24 valve shut off solenoid question

P-710024V

Hey Comp D. I recently converted my 24 valve to a 180 p7100. I bought a shutoff solenoid kit for it. My question is (I don't see why it wouldn't work)......I plan to take the stock male connector that plugs into the stock lift pump and find a female connector to plug that into then wire the other end to a female relay adapter and plug the relay for the shut off solenoid into that then wire up the solenoid so in the end, my shut off solenoid will be powered by the key switch instead of by a separate switch. Anybody done this? Ideas, opinions, problems, etc? Opinions opinions please.

I'm sure it can be done. I'd get a spare battery, a relay, and a test light to figure it out. I went low tech with a push pull cable, never fails.

There are 3 wires. A ground, a large power(to pull the solenoid for start up), and a small wire(to hold the solenoid up in the run position).

Just ground the ground wire(obviously), run a key power to the small wire, and have the start signal control a relay to move the start solenoid during startup.

There are 3 wires. A ground, a large power(to pull the solenoid for start up), and a small wire(to hold the solenoid up in the run position).

Just ground the ground wire(obviously), run a key power to the small wire, and have the start signal control a relay to move the start solenoid during startup.

Little6cylinder when you say have a start signal control the relay, u mean just wire an ignition switched power wire to the big wire for the relay that goes to the solenoid? (I mentioned all those other connectors because I want the wiring to be clean and easy to disconnect if necessary.)

Last edited:
What he means is...

When the key is in the START position the big wire should have power.

When the key is in the RUN the little wire should have power.

Pretty simple.

Its really not that hard.

Ground the Ground wire (dug)

The heavy wire. I think its the middle wire. Run that to your starter wire that will pull the solineod in.

The last wire run that to 12v key on power.

When you turn the truck off the 12v key on power will go away causing the shut off solionod to drop shutting the truck off.

What he means is...

When the key is in the START position the big wire should have power.

When the key is in the RUN the little wire should have power.

Pretty simple.

Yes, it is a very simple circuit.

I don't understand why anyone would take the the shutoff solenoid off and run a cable in its place. Unless it failed and you just didn't want to buy a new one.