P-pumped CR

Valair1

Valair Inc. Clutch
I just bought a CR engine, and i'm looking to p-pump it to put in a 1/2 ton dodge, does anybody know what all is needed, i heard the timing cover is $$$ but what else do i need, and where can i find all the parts i need. i plan on using 24V injectors.
thanks in advance.

you can buy a kit for I think 5k. I think Home Page has them.

I comes with custom front cover injectors, injector lines the pump is not included

I think a stock 12V cover can be modded to work on a CR. But if you droping the engine in a 3rd gen 1/2 ton you will need a custom cover to make the accessories work.

The gear train will need to be changed as the CR's hve bull cut gears and the ppump gears are helical cut. So you will need the crank gear, cam gear, and an oil pump I think.

I think the CR head wont clear a ppump without a custom intake or some serious grinding.

And the lines just need CR nuts on thead side.

Then you need the usual crap, pump brackets, oil feed lines, ect....

IMO $5K is insane for a ppump kit.

Dan, why do I think that sigma is involved with this?

you can buy a kit for I think 5k. I think Home Page has them.

I comes with custom front cover injectors, injector lines the pump is not included

thats an installed price, i'll give them a call and see what they can do for the parts.

Actually it would be real cool to leave it a cr. My two cents anyway.

I think a stock 12V cover can be modded to work on a CR. But if you droping the engine in a 3rd gen 1/2 ton you will need a custom cover to make the accessories work.

The gear train will need to be changed as the CR's hve bull cut gears and the ppump gears are helical cut. So you will need the crank gear, cam gear, and an oil pump I think.

I think the CR head wont clear a ppump without a custom intake or some serious grinding.

And the lines just need CR nuts on thead side.

Then you need the usual crap, pump brackets, oil feed lines, ect....

IMO $5K is insane for a ppump kit.

Dan, why do I think that sigma is involved with this?

Josh, i am building another toy, i havent decided to rebuild that pump or go with a new nipp 13MM i can get a really good deal on, i figure alot of fuel and some twin's aught to work pretty good, as long as i can hook up. and i am having the intake cut off and a custom intake put on, i also have another 12V core laying around if the cover will work.

Josh, i am building another toy, i havent decided to rebuild that pump or go with a new nipp 13MM i can get a really good deal on, i figure alot of fuel and some twin's aught to work pretty good, as long as i can hook up. and i am having the intake cut off and a custom intake put on, i also have another 12V core laying around if the cover will work.

Sweet, more toys:evil

BTW, I pulled my clutch off last night when I pulled the engine. Still looks good:rockwoot:

Although I wonder if a 3850 is gonna hold this new setup....
tripple.......

some street, some drag, just making a another toy. I thought it would be kinda kool,
Ok, just wondered since the use determines what you'll need.

Rochie has most of it correct. You can use a 12v cover but you'll need to modify it. With the PHD custom cover you can still use the stock accessories like power steering pump. And he moved the pump away from the head so there isn't any clearance issues. As far as the 5k is concerned that's installed and with custom crap like that you have to price it high to weed out the dickbeaters. You know the kids that waste your time trying to decide between a p-pump kit or an edge ez.

yeah you will need to either grind the intake to get the gov. housing to fit or make a costume intake.

thanks, i will be cutting the intake off and using a custom one, i'm gonna talk to my buddy John Robinson as well, his funny car is a p-pumped CR i know he will also have some good pointers. it will probably take me a couple of years to get it together, i'll keep yall posted.

IMO if you have a complete CR engine with all accessories and are planning on using it in a street truck with all the accessories I'd buy Ted's cover. If it was going in a competition only truck and time wasn't important you could go the 12v cover route. Problem is most people only look at initial cost and don't take into consideration how much time is wasted custom fabbing. I'm as guilty as the next guy. I made all my own twin turbo piping. By the time I was done I ended up spending more money and time than if I'd just bought the damn kit.:bang

That being said I'd helped Ted do 2 conversions and I wouldn't do it any other way. Just like my turbos, bolting on is WAY easier than custom. I'll pay someone to be the guinea pig from now on.:doh: