p pumping a 24 valve

wmackintosh

im gettting ready to do a ppump on my truck . any one have a answer on this do you have to have the tps there or it will not work with out it. i want to run all auto meter gauges so can i do away with all the computers.a have a fix for the tranny weld and machine the adapter to mount a th400 . does any one what i have to keep or can it all go

There is a section in the main forums for P-pumped 24v. It is right below the Competion section. Lots of good reading in there. Just letting you know.

where are you from ? Quebec or something like that, you speak french, give me a call ! 418-808-8383 Ill let you know some stuff about P-pumping a 24 valve !!!

Steve

Why a TH400?

have a good one from a old race car . if no computer no speedo the 400 should hold up . the parts are cheaper if it breaks all the weld and machine work is free i been welding alum and stainless for 17 years and a good friend is a machinist . the 400 works on a cable to run the speedo

Are you sure the Th400 can handle the torque of our motors?
I know they can take the HP.
It'll be interesting to find out. Make sure you make a drawing of the adapter. If it works you might be able to make some money off making the adapters.

if i remember rite it shold hold to 1500 flbs but i will call the guy that built it and see what he thinks . thats going to one of the later things to do .working on a alum intake first . had to order a new block from cummins have one of the 53 ers that was a easy 1600 gone:bang

Holding 1500tq at 2000rpm is a lot different than holding 1500tq at 5000rpm.

ok then what trans do youm all think would be good to use . still need help with what computer parts i need to keep for a p-pumped 24 valve truck

I've seen a Cummins dragster with the TH400, can't remember the forum it was on but I know it has been done before.

ok then what trans do youm all think would be good to use . still need help with what computer parts i need to keep for a p-pumped 24 valve truck

47RE built with your choice of aftermarket parts. You need to keep all the computer parts on your truck in order for everything to work.