JIT

Cummin in Hot
The work has started!!!

p-pumpconversion001.jpg

p-pumpconversion002.jpg

p-pumpconversion003.jpg

Out with the Old VP44 pump and Injection Lines

p-pumpconversion004.jpg

Sideview where VP44 Pump and Electronics used to reside!

p-pumpconversion005.jpg

Cam is Out and old timing housing is ready to come off...

p-pumpconversion007.jpg

It appears the Front Main seal had developed a small leak. LOL

p-pumpconversion009.jpg

The 12v Timing housingwith Cam sensor relocation bracket from Scheid Diesel. Here you see it mounted with Cam sensor in place.

p-pumpconversion012.jpg

p-pumpconversion013.jpg

Side Cover removed and trusty zip-ties holding the tappets in place while the cam is out.

p-pumpconversion014.jpg

12v Timing cover installed.

p-pumpconversion015.jpg

p-pumpconversion016.jpg

Cam re-installed and Whammy Pump mocked up!

p-pumpconversion017.jpg

Aint She Purrty!!!!!!!!!

p-pumpconversion019.jpg

Front Cover and New Front Main Seal installed.

p-pumpconversion020.jpg

p-pumpconversion021.jpg

p-pumpconversion022.jpg

Injection Lines On!

p-pumpconversion023.jpg

Its getting late and time to call it a night (atleast the working part) because we all know things get crazy Afterhours!

p-pumpconversion026.jpg

p-pumpconversion027.jpg

Thanks guys! We fired her up but she wont idle. Will get it adjusted tomorrow and get the front end back together. Will get a video up so eveyrone can hear it run. :-)

looks good dude. i swapped in ur old vp with my junk one last night and it runs mint.

I had a template for drilling & tapping a bolt to block the KDP, but I can't find it now.

the question that comes to my mind.... is there any reason to have the dowel pin there? If the case comes off, why not just throw the dowel pin in the trash?

the question that comes to my mind.... is there any reason to have the dowel pin there? If the case comes off, why not just throw the dowel pin in the trash?

Some say yes, some day no but if you buy a KDP repair kit it comes with one in it to install of the other one is out.

Good pics and write up on the change over.

Jim

other than holding the case there while getting some bolts in, i cant see it being needed, am i missing something?

another way to look at it

would you take out the dowel pins that you line your bell housing up with on your transmission?

no, but they are there because the bolts are quite a bit smaller than the holes. Is the case the same way?

could make a dowel pin tool, to line it up, and remove after the case is bolted up.

not really, id rather have less uneeded parts than more.

All you're adding is a sheetmetal tab under an already used bolt... whats the big deal? OR, if you buy a new timing case from cummins, it has a blind hole now so a tab isn't needed... kinda like it should have been made back in '89, lol.

All you're adding is a sheetmetal tab under an already used bolt... whats the big deal? OR, if you buy a new timing case from cummins, it has a blind hole now so a tab isn't needed... kinda like it should have been made back in '89, lol.

well that solves that for me LOL

Yes I tabbed it... thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to mention that earlier. Also found the cam Im going to run so now I've gotta pull it back out. LOL So Im holding off on putting the front end back together. I started stripping the paint off my valve cover and after taking a break I decided to leave it half stripped. I like the "Ratrod" look of it. Heres a pic...

p-pumpconversion032.jpg

p-pumpconversion034.jpg

Im not even sure what color I was going to paint it!

Back