p0107 code

Black Diesel

Just finished my rebuild and I'm chasing down some electrical gremlins. Map sensor circuit low input is what the code says. Swapped map sensors in my bro's 03 and still the code comes back. I double checked all my grounds and they're tight but I did paint the engine, would the paint hinder the ground connections? I will double check all charge air connections to make sure I don't have a boost leak. The IAT sensor is clean from what I can see and plugged in all the way. I'm searching for a used engine harness that's not been hacked into. Any other ideas? :confused:

I always make sure the ground connections are free of paint. That's where I'd start at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will start with the cleaning of the grounds. The engine harness sat in one spot for the duration of the rebuild so I can't see how anything happened to the harness. I found a used harness if need be but for the $400 plus tax, I want to be sure that will fix it ..

I agree. The ground connection cleaning is free :)

I second cleaning the gnd first. You can check the connection by using a multimeter to measure the resistance between the sensor gnd wire and the negative terminal of the battery. Should measure a very low resistance.

Cleaned grounds as clean as I could and still have these codes. Funny thing is when I get the p0243 and p0299 codes, they're disabled via EFILive from my tuner, so theoretically they shouldn't pop up at all? Any thoughts? Harness? Ecm?

So you've got more than one code? From a quick google search the 243 is a wastegate code. 299 is a low boost code. Different charger? As for the 107 code, have you checked the input voltage to the sensor with a volt meter? Should have 5 volts. If I remember correctly?

I have not checked voltage or anything like that yet. Mainly just tracing wires and looking for anything obvious.

Verifying voltage is a good idea. Without looking at a wiring diagram, I'm assuming the ECM would send the 5 volts. Check the sensor, then check the wire from the ECM, if there is a voltage drop, a harness would be needed.

Have you talked to your tuner about the other codes? Just curious.

All of the other codes are disabled. And actually they've been disabled for quite some time because he had been running a aftermarket charger before the engine build.

That's what I thought. I had an older ranger that I chipped when in high school. Had a EGR code no engine light. Guy I had got the chip from said the code isn't relevant, ignore the code. Just curious.

Back