p0113

CBDP

Cum Get Ya Some
i cant get rid of this code iv replace iat and boost sensors cleared the code and comes back the laptop says its reading 115 which its only 40 outside and the engine fans stuck on can anyone try and help me out

Fan stuck on? Need to figure that one out first! A/C on? Unplug the fan Don't need it in the winter! Still locked then replace it! It's computer controlled you may have an ECM problem. Clean all your grounds and check the plugs on the ECM. May have to get it flashed and checked at the dealer.

yea unpluged the fan and it turns by hand its not locked up so the ecm is my next thing on the list iv replace all the cables and batterys just weird its reading 115 in the intake when its 50 out

Last edited:
checked all the plugs and all is clean going to pull the harness and check it next i take it

Ok, to clarify, you think the intake temperature is causing the fan to stay on?

You may have seen this already, but:

If the IAT reading is logical then the problem is likely intermittent. If the reading is less than -30 degrees, unplug the connector. Install a jumper wire between the harness connector signal and ground circuits. The IAT temperature reading on the scan tool should be maxed out at the high end. For example it should be 280 degrees Farenheit or higher. If it is, the wiring is okay, and it may have been the connection. If it isn't install the jumper wire between the IAT signal circuit and the chassis ground. If now the IAT reading on the scan tool is maxed out then check for an open in the IAT ground circuit. If you get no reading at all on the scan tool, it's likely that the sensor signal is open or the 5 volt reference is missing. Check using a DVOM (digital volt ohm meter) for a 5 volt reference. If it's there, then unplug the connector at the PCM and check for continuity on the IAT signal circuit between the PCM connector and the IAT connector.

If you have another truck, you may want to compare the sensor readings just to see if yours is that far off.

Can you read the ECM's command to turn the fan on? Just wondering if its a wiring issue related to the fan clutch instead of the intake temp sensor.

$.02

Back