P0191 code help

Penni

says fuel rail pressure sensor circuit performance... anybody had this one before?

The truck seems to running fine? The code popped up while idling at a red light, I pulled over and cleared it, and it came right back up... my CTS is still reading rail pressure and it seems to be fine? Any ideas thoughts or opinions?

My apologies, after searching, it says to a) clear it and go on b) dealer reflash c) replace the $330 dollar sensor.... I'm gonna opt for a & b first....

Well I've cleared the code about 3 times today and it comes right back? Does anybody have any input?

Normally with this code it's a bad sensor. The threshold have been exceeded either on the high side or low side, but not enough to cause the truck to run improperly. But continued operation it will eventually fail hard.

Replace the sensor and call it a day.

The sensor itself is around $235ish depending where you look? The entire rail with sensor installed, and new relief valve, is $330? I'm assuming this is one of those "might as well" scenarios??

My truck has been throwing this code for 5 years , ive replaced the sensor and everything and its still the same

The sensor itself is around $235ish depending where you look? The entire rail with sensor installed, and new relief valve, is $330? I'm assuming this is one of those "might as well" scenarios??

If I were you I'd call TC diesel. He doesn't mind talking on the phone about your truck issue and trying to come up with a fix. If I remember correctly he also has a "test" pressure sensor you can borrow to see if that fixs it. You pay shipping.
Or find a known good sensor from a buddy that you can swap in. I'd hold off on spending that kinda money

Sent from my fancy thinking box

Back