P0193, P0191, P2146 Need help!!

Craig_C

Resident Smartass
Kinda helpless at the moment, stuck at home with no tools, no multimeter, wife is gone for the day....and most importantly no access to Quickserve...

Came home last night...almost to the driveway truck lost all power and could tell not running on all cyls. Pulled in the driveway and it started idling smooth.

Today, started it up, backed up to the house to load some stuff, running fine as can be just has check engine light on from last night.

Loaded up, packed my little girl in, and erased codes. Pulled put onto the road and it goes right back to like last night.

Codes are
P0193- Fuel rail pressure input high
P0191- Fuel rail pressure sensor/performance
P2146- injector "A" supply voltage

Its also throwing a IAT sensor code that I didnt write down. That sensor is new.

I have only put around 500 miles on the engine since overhaul, new CP3, injectors were tested/new tips/balanced at a very reputable shop.

Any ideas on thing I can check at home with minimal tools?? Ive unhooked all the piggyback items (gauges, bullydog moniter, boost fooler).

The truck sitting and idling will run bad and then run good and back to bad just sitting there. Ive wiggled wires with no change.

2005 model, so it doesnt have the integrated valve cover gasket...should have mentioned that!

The injector wiring connectors on the valve cover have a burnt smell to them.....lol dont ask how I figured that out!!

Anyways, any ideas? What should the injectors ohm out at?

Sounds like a stupid hard to find wiring problem. Injector solenoids should be less than 1 ohm. Check at solenoid with no wiring attached.

Just got home with my meter....injector 3 is around 48ohms, the rest are all .6

Yep sucks!! Of course it is good that it waited till pretty much my driveway to drop out. Friday I drove it to Bowling Green for the last day of drag week (2 hour drive)

Can they just replace the solinoid?? The injectors were remaned at II and only ran for maybe 6 months before the engine broke some rings, then they were just balanced with new nozzles....never ends!

It is a replaceable part but may be the same price as a new injector. I don't think Bosch sells solenoids wholesale.

did you check with harness off harness could be shorted they do go bad to even though there not intergrated like 06-7 good luck

Back