p0281

Gene6L

Hey all,
Its been a while since ive been on here. But i recently started having trouble with my 04.. Lately its been ideling rough kinda like its missing and it cuts out and sputters when it goes into overdrive.. Its throwing a code P0281 but i cant find it!! :bang Any suggestions i would appricate them!!

I googled: p0281

this is the first thing that came up on from PS website

I am getting a p0281 code wich I found is a cylinder 7 contribution/balance fault code. What does this mean? I am assuming it has something to do with an injector. It runs real rough at first start up and puts out some white smoke smells like raw fuel. It comes out of it when it warms up but feels like an injector goin south to me.

Sounds like a injector i'd say

Anytime you have a fault code, you can go here and check it out.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18679

As far as what this usually means, yeah, injector number 7 is probably bad. Check to make sure it is plugged in and all the wiring looks good.

There are other possibilities like a bad piston, broke rockers and what not, but the vast majority of the time, it is simply an injector.

Alright thanks guys looks like my taxes goin the that!! You guys think i should throw some studs and gaskets it the mix to?

Oh ya i also noticed a little crack on the top of my radiator just b4 the hose is that from over pressure or just luck of the draw on a bad one?? My egr blew about 1k miles ago i fixed it but this crack only appeared last week.

Are you talking about the little tabs that hold down the plastic tank? If you look at all of them, I'm sure you will find quite a few of the have cracks. That is very common but most don't give out.

We blew our first one a couple weeks ago, when a head gasket let go at 60lbs of boost.

No its the rediator on the top just b4 the 2 inch hose that goes to the top of the block. I smelt the fluid when i got out my truck and popped the hood it was spittin out some steam and fluid.. but its a hair crack so i made it home.. one thing cant break on this damn thing two or three break at a time! Im gettin ready to order everything now.. I just want to make sure its not more serious b4 i bust another radiator..