P1652... Got a Fun one... Need Discussion, Direction...

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
Long story Short, I've got a truck in the shop 05' 3500 manual. Engine was recently replaced by another shop. a rod had exited the block on the driver side and apparently had cut a wire. The shop supposedly repaired the wire. but told the customer the fact that Cluster was lit up like a christmas tree was not their problem. anyways, the instrument cluster, every light is on and the gauges do not work at all. the truck runs fine and is charging.

So far, I have tore the engine harness apart checking wires, swapped clusters, Ohm'd the ECM (9.7 OHMS) and started to check other circuits.

The Question is, have any of you guys ran into one of these, and do you have direction as to what else it could be. I figure the IPM or ECM could be at fault still, but hate throwing parts as I dont have another truck to try things off of.

scratch the 9.7 OHMs, there is 970 ohms Between the D25 and batt. negative. My question is, with the ECM uplugged, How does that test diagnose a bad ECM. that doesnt make sense to me.

Back