p7100 injectors on ve motor?

K204DR

I'm the Driver
I got a 4bt with a ve pump, that I suspect has clogged injectors. I have some known working injectors out of a 95 6bt, and was curious if they would even run in the 4bt just for troubleshooting? I know the pop pressure is different just not sure if the ve would even open them?

I believe the threads are different on the bodies. The injectors will go into place but they won't attach to the lines.
I would just take the injectors out and get them tested.

and the non intercooled and intercooled injector tips are different diameter.

well I have another set in a 4bt, just didnt' want to take two motors apart to diagnose one. might have to though.
motor hadn't run in 2 years, started it up, and it was running real fast, throttle had no affect. popped the top, and the gov rod was stuck. gently messed with it and got it freed up again, then had the bright idea to fill the injection pump with seafoam before closing it up again, as it looked like it was kinda gummy inside. hasn't run since except with some ether. if you crack the injection lines it'll pump fluid out like crazy, so seems to me the pump is functioning. I popped the top again, sucked all that fluid out and refilled with fresh diesel, and even put a new fuel filter on full of fresh diesel and ran it out of a can, still nothing.
kinda bummed about the whole mess at the moment. i've bled and bled the lines as well, still nothing. so I'm thinking the seafoam broke some stuff loose and clogged the injectors possibly. just doesn't make sense that 5 mins later it won't hit a lick when it was running, just fast.

The injectors should have screens in them. Take them out and see if you can clean them.

Did you make sure the shutoff solenoid is working since you tinkered with it? Could have bumped the wire loose. Seen guys have similar problems and that was ahat happened.

well I'm gonna try to mess with it tomorrow some. been out of town a week. hard to figure stuff out that way.