p7100 on a commonrail

to get rid of the junk cr injectors from ruining the engine. An engine builder told me that he has built them and the customers love them. Just tryin to find someone with first hand knowledge with the conversion.

What's your intended use? CR injectors can be a pain no doubt, but they are also far more enjoyable than a mechanical setup in many cases.

farm use, pulling dozers, tractors ect. mainly looking for reliability, too many horror stories of cr inj cooking engine when they go bad. I'm burned on electronic injectors, have an 03 6.0 powerstroke, replaced injectors 3 times, do you know how hard it is to change inj on a powerstroke.

farm use, pulling dozers, tractors ect. mainly looking for reliability, too many horror stories of cr inj cooking engine when they go bad. I'm burned on electronic injectors, have an 03 6.0 powerstroke, replaced injectors 3 times, do you know how hard it is to change inj on a powerstroke.

Harder than a dodge... I would advise you to not base all of your electronic engine experience off an early 6.0.

I think you are ill-informed sir.. I wouldn't hesitate to pull 12k with my common rail or drive to California...

Sent from phone

I love my ppumped 24v but wouldnt wish it upon anyone who wants to pull trailers. My common rail is reserved for that now.

I would buy an older truck if your paranoid about common rail.

Instead of trying to round up parts to swap in a p-pump I'd just swap out the cr for a 12v or p-pumped 24v. For what a complete cr engine costs u could buy a 12v and pay for most of the swap labor.

Get your injectors tested to make sure they are OK, drop a set of twins on the truck, and a modest EFI live tune and enjoy. I make 500 HP on my tow tune with twins towing up to 34k and the truck pulls like a dream and does not get hot like it did stock.

Are you even having any troubles out of the engine to want to deevolve it to iron age technology?

Are you even having any troubles out of the engine to want to deevolve it to iron age technology?
I doubt it.
He's probably been listening to some idiot that doesn't understand electronically controlled engines.

Rule 1: If you don't understand something, it's junk. ;)

Mark.

Back