p7100

YUTANCUMMINS

whats the best place to find a pump for a conversion, lookin to have 750 to 800hp in the end, and whats the best pump to start out with 215 160 180 etc

i would get a hold of haisleys or engine enterprise they can both hooke you up great people to work with

first off :thankyou2:

here of guys getting used pumps for under 1000 alot of those shops want 2k or so with a core charge tryin to figure out where there gettin those pumps from
i see enterprise has the conversion kit for 1695:rockwoot:

Cruise the forums. When I was looking for my pump I was finding working pumps for $500-1000. For your HP goal I'd recommend a 180 or a 215.

And don't buy a kit. Search the forum classifieds on several sites and with some time and work you can do this swap pretty cheap. Buddy of mine did his swap for $0 after he sold everything. My swap only cost me $100 after I sold stuff off. While those kits probably make life easy they aren't neccesary. You can buy the parts used for probably half that price if not less. The kits also don't include the pump so be sure to factor that in to that price.

I've only got maybe 5 miles on my conversion but so far it's very nice. It's a whole new animal to drive. Lots of tuning to be done to get it driving like it was before (tranny shift points, lock up, idle speeds, power curve, etc.) but no biggie.

If you're looking for that much power I would start witha 215 pump if possible. Should make it a little easier.

http://pensacoladiesel.com/p7100-performance-pump.html

i did find this one any way of knowing what kind this would be like a 160 180 etc.

thanks, new to this so im glad to get the info that a 180 or 215 would be good for my hp goal
btw how r u liking your conversion

Pensacola=:badidea: IMO
They are cheap for a reason. If you search for pensacola on this forum you will find that there have been a fair number of issues with their stuff. The general consensus is they don't hold much of a standard that their products are required to meet which makes a "rebuilt" unit a hit or miss thing depending on the shape of the core.