paddles...

sredish

Where am I?
anyone ever use or know what kind of paddles for sand would work on these heavy heavy beasts? SandTiresUnlimited has some Brats that would probably work but I really don't think they're designed for the weight of these things. SDHQ mentioned they can retread some with paddle blades but it was pretty pricey...

just wondering what has maybe been done before.

There is a place at silver lake sanddunes (michigan)that you can buy them . I cant remember the name. When I had my '97 I put paddles on it and the thing was crazy right up to the point I blew a headgasket. Ill get the number memoriall weekend when I go there. It will remove paint. Its like sand blasting the underneith with the paddles and the sand

Robts said:
It will remove paint. Its like sand blasting the underneith with the paddles and the sand

hmmmmm.... good point indeed... maybe i need to rethink that one!

These are the paddles we run on our 4400 lb truggy. They vulcanize the tires just like a dirt bike paddle is done, they shave down the tires, and then they press/glue on the paddles. Prices very depending on how many paddles and what material the paddles are made of. I dont know how they'd hold up with an 8000 lb truck but you never know. We are running 785hp on this car and they have seemed to last.

Attachments

• apppaddles.jpg
    apppaddles.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 31
  • Copy of truggy.jpg
    Copy of truggy.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 22
  • afterprep.jpg
    afterprep.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 19