Parking a Truck with Cracked Heads

Only way to find a leaking injector cup would be to pull all the injectors and pressurize the cooling system and let it sit for a while. 50Psi of fuel is greater than the 16psi in the cooling system. And if you can't find a leaking cup then you will just have to re-oring all the injectors. Pull the valve covers. Pull the oil rails. And pull the injectors. Its all nuts and bolts.

Ya that is what the Ford tech wanted to do, but it was a $1000 and he didn't seem to believe it was that, I didn't want to be a $1000 in the hole with a broke truck. If it is the lower o-rings, would that be determined by inspecting each injector when it is removed. When the pressurize the coolant system, wouldn't that also tell me if I have a cracked head as well?

142k, bone stock, with no real problems in it's past. It was a car hauler for 2 years

Maybe, Maybe not, it was doin what it was designed for, truck has been great, no problems at all and I maintain it like it should be. This is the only problem

You would find a cracked head if you left the pressure on it and it magically disappears it has to be going somewhere. If you find it in the intake its the egr cooler. If you cant find it and the motor doesn't crank its in a cylinder.

Ok, and for the o-rings? if the injectors are out, I assume it makes sense you inspect and replace the o-rings, right?

Correct. Ford has a rering kit with new copper crush washers. You don't need to put 7.3L washers in it unless you want to alter where the spray pattern is on the piston. Do you really wanna open that can of worms?

Hey Doug I just read your thread on gogo about how you hate Rotella, well I got advice on other threads and that is what is in the truck now, I really hope I didn't do this to myself using Rotella T?

:bang

I just don't like the way rotella smells. Must be in the fragrance additive package. Ask Mouring Product about how his truck exudes a smell of something fowl.

Ah no, I don't think so. May only plans for the truck are, studs, exhaust, air intake, SCT, and maybe NOS (that'll be last) The truck has to tow and be driven everyday, though it likely won't

Nice, I personally like the smell of VP or CAM2, but these things happen. I like drag cars

Mike..how upset can you really be? You got 142k GOOD trouble free miles out of a 6.0

Well technically I personally got 14k, the first owner got 100k, the next 29k. I'm not upset at the truck at all, I love the truck. Just not the best time financially, and I wish I could just drive down the road to shops like yours and Doug's to troubleshoot problems. There is one shop near me and the guy isn't a fan of 6L (he'll work on 'em, but you can't expect him to help troubleshoot.), he only does 7.3s and cummins. No more whining.

Back