PCM Swap?

T Dye

Getting There.
Shift pattern in my '02 with a 47re is less than desirable for me. 1,2,3,L/U,O/D,re-L/U. From what I've been able to learn, Dodge changed the pattern in '00. The pattern in my old '98 is much more to my liking; 1,2,3,O/D,L/U.

My question is; Would it be possible to put the PCM out of my wrecked '98 into the '02? Physically I know it is possible but, is there too much difference in the surrounding programming to be a straightforward swap?

Any help is much appreciated,
Travis

There is also wiring difference and software difference. Then the is CCD difference which is based off the software.

So, looks like that idea will be laid to rest. It's not like the pattern is unbearable, the trans has to be rebuilt also, so that might help some of the issues I'm finding. Just had the thought that I could do this since I had the parts already.

I've never wanted 1,2,3,4, then lockup. I hate it when they shift like that, unless it has a really tight converter.

I've never had an automatic shift any differently than that so, I got used to driving that way. This program is just something new and slightly foreign to me.