Peformance Exhaust Manifold, worth it?

4x4dually

I think I would really like to buy a ATS or exhaust manifold of the same nature for my truck. My question is, with my mods, would I gain that much? Does it really help the turbo spool faster and lower egts like they say or is it just a degree or two and a bunch of hype?

I was wondering if any of you out there have any real data on before and after install of one of these monsters. I can't afford a new one and I doubt that I'll ever find a used one so it may just be on my wish list for a while...unless someone hooks a brother up with a swingin' good deal.

Data or advice anyone?

I was thinking about a water/meth kit a while back, but I think I'd rather add performance parts that will help me thoughout the entire range of the motor, not just while I have my foot on the floor mat.
:thankyou2:

4x4dually said:
I think I would really like to buy a ATS or exhaust manifold of the same nature for my truck. My question is, with my mods, would I gain that much? Does it really help the turbo spool faster and lower egts like they say or is it just a degree or two and a bunch of hype?

I was wondering if any of you out there have any real data on before and after install of one of these monsters. I can't afford a new one and I doubt that I'll ever find a used one so it may just be on my wish list for a while...unless someone hooks a brother up with a swingin' good deal.

Data or advice anyone?

I was thinking about a water/meth kit a while back, but I think I'd rather add performance parts that will help me thoughout the entire range of the motor, not just while I have my foot on the floor mat.
:thankyou2:

I would just run the stocker unless you got money laying around, i ran mine til it cracked from all the heat, i think it's really hard to tell any gain. If someone put one in my truck and didn't tell me i prob wouldn't notice$.02

It's not so much a performance part- Its a more durable part than the stocker with a stronger casting structure over a stocker.

Perfect. That's good info. My 62/14 is just, well, not laggy, but laggier than stock, so I wondered mostly about "if it would help it spool better". I really don't have a heat problem. I held 80 on cruise with #10,000 trailer two weeks ago on interstate at 1000 to 1100F. Not bad I recon.

cm cows said:
monster vp?? and maybe *nx*

Clay, you crazy? NX? I ain't no drag racer. I think my best bet would be a cam and K31 turbo to twin up this PS62......in my dreams...another $5000 later....mean while, back at the ranch...:bang

PS. Nice avatar change!

Those Jammer 5's smoked, smoked, and smoked some more. I can control these 4's for the most part but the 5's haze on even a light pedal. I gave them back. I got to have more air to run them. Greetings from D.C.! I just got here. Dulles International airport can suck my lugnuts. That place just plain SUCKS!!!!