performance injector question

extreme_cummins

Just wondering if I could possibly make more power with Don M's flux 1 40 horse sticks than with my stage 3's and stock cp3. I want to stick with my stock CP3. Any advice or suggestions would be apprecciated

In a 305/555 engine I would definitely switch to the Flux 1's. They are a totally different injector tip. They atomize a lot better than the stock 7 holers.

Not 100% sure but I think the stockers have 8 holes. I hear a lot of good things about f1.

IMO the stage threes will out flow and out power a set of f1 flux 1's----there only the first stage in f1's line up!

DIESEL POWER said:
IMO the stage threes will out flow and out power a set of f1 flux 1's----there only the first stage in f1's line up!
yeh, but his stage 3's are not industrials. ;) Knowing the brand they are, I would rather have Flux 1's

extreme_cummins said:
Not 100% sure but I think the stockers have 8 holes. I hear a lot of good things about f1.
stockers are 7 holers. aftermarket EDM tips can be 8 holers

The reason I ask you guys is because, on realentless diesel's web page, on the stock cp3, they say with 100hp sticks they've only seen 20-30 horse gain. F1 say's they have seen 600+ rwhp with the Flux 1's. Thats with the stock cp3 and a large single, which I have.

I haven't dynoed the truck yet. I'm not positive but, I dont think it's making 600 rwhp. Just thought the stage threes were causing me to lose rail pressure, and maybe a little smaller nozzel might do the trick, instead of an expensive modded cp3 pump.

Thiers also a homemade CP3 modifications some people opt to do. I wouldnt, to afraid of screwing something up, but if you trust yoru skills...

Exteme Cummins,the reason for the 20-30 hp gain on Relentless Diesel's website is do to the truck being dynoed already had stacked boxes.If you have a stock cp3 with a timing/duration box, no injector will give you the advertised hp gain.Injector hp gains are based on a stock motor.

RC