phatshaft 62 questions

D-LUX

Just another white guy
Alright guys i picked up a phatshaft 62/70/12 two days ago SUPER cheap.

the guy was hurtin for money and i happened to be at the right place at the right time for once.

Any how i got it home and it looks pretty clean. My question is are there any rebuild kits for these things like new seals/bearing something of that nature. It came off a running truck but it would put my mind at ease knowing everything inside it is fresh.

BTW the mods of the truck its going on are afe intake, 5 inch exhaust, airdog 150, quadzilla adr, and a good clutch.. 125 horse injectors are coming as money allows

turbo3.jpg

turbo2.jpg

turbo1.jpg

forced inductions will do standard overhaul for $245... 1 year warranty to boot

thats not bad.. i know this thing was off a ford so im gunna have to atleast re clock the compressor and do some sort of creative piping to the intercooler but for what i payed for it im not complaining

Nice score! I am looking for something around that size. I have a 66 but I want something closer to stock. I am nervous about trading for a used turbo though. especially since mine has hardly any miles. So is 400 bucks about the average price to rebuild a turbo?

You send it to me with $400, I'll send it to FI and keep the change.. :)

Lol I am trying to find someone to trade me for my 66 I need something smaller that will be a good dd

It's undergone some changes since then, big tires and lift is gone, it's lowered on nitto 420's now... NV5600 and 66mm charger will be gone as soon as I get home in a few weeks being replaced with Comp47RE and S478... goin to the races!

Wheresmypower-Sent you a PM regarding trading for 64mm comp wheel and cover. My buddy wants a 66 so this would be a good trade.

Hell yea.. your truck is done up real nice bro I like how clean everything is done.. Inspiring! lol I wish my second gen looked that clean lol How are you likin the 420s? I want to get a nice set of wheels on my rig. I got some 16 inch alcoas on 315/75 fierce m/t they look pretty good but I would love to have some 20's. So did you go lower than stock height? I want to see some pics. Good luck at the races brother!

Alright guys, i have a question before i order my new downpipe and feel like a jackass b/c it doesnt fit. since this thing was off of a ford 6.0 is the exhaust outlet still a HX-40 stlye outlet? the meaure ments are in the pics below

I'm on government internet and can't see the pics..

IIRC the HX40 downpipe needs a 4" flange to hook up to on the back of the turbo

well from the outside of the flange to outside of flange its just under 4 1/4

the I.D is about 3 5/16's these are rough measurements mind you just using a standard tape measure

does that sound about right?

HX40 downpipe is 4", you can "try" to make it work.... i ordered the correct flange to weld on my downpipe w/clamp from forced inductions when i ordered my charger. That actual measurement is 4.21" and the same size as the flange/clamp i ordered