phatshaft on a first gen?

CONFEDERATESON

hey guys i was offered a 62/65/14 phatshaft turbo for $700 which i think is a pretty good deal.if idid buy it she would be going on my 90' with the 5spd. so i was wondering if any of you out there have one on any of your rigs and what you think of it.please let me know what you think i should do. THANKS:charger:

Thats a horrible deal... My 60mm HX40 would be better for ya. I'll sell it to ya for $500 and you give me the number to the person with the PS62 :D

That is a real nice turbo for a 1st gen.
It will have the 4" inlet and outlet as opposed to the 3" non-intercooled version your truck came with.

is your truck intercooled? if not your going to have to do some pipe fabing i would think

well im guessing its for a ic truck so when you bolt it to the exhaust manifold the air outlet on the turbo will be aiming towards the front right wheel of the truck vs your turbo now going over the engine...unless you can rotate the front housing of the turbo to meet the non ic style intake horn that goes over the engine???

I would count on fabbing up some intake piping, but sounds like a good 1st gen turbo still.

Your going to have to fab up some piping but it's going to be a good turbo Intercooler would work even bette if you put one on. But i would recomend headstuds if you don't already have them.

great turbo, awsome deal, perfect match for non intercooled injectors. I made 319HP with nothing else but an intercooler and normal pump mods.
You will need.
Reclock the compressor to go over valve covers.

build or buy a 4in down pipe. I cut off a 4in 90deg and welded on a v-band flange I machined.

Get oil line adapter from newer truck. Baby h1c does not require it and the phat shaft does.

Build or buy 4in intake. Mine is two 4in 45deg welded up with a BHAF that hangs 10 on the inner fender.

Machine a straight v band flange and make a crossover for the intake. Original turbo has a flat to clamp a hose on new one has v band hookup.

I have heard that a HX40 has the same shaft as an HX35 and that there is a chance of breaking a shaft. just wondering if you guys heard of this?

hey guys i was offered a 62/65/14 phatshaft turbo for $700 which i think is a pretty good deal.if idid buy it she would be going on my 90' with the 5spd. so i was wondering if any of you out there have one on any of your rigs and what you think of it.please let me know what you think i should do. THANKS:charger:

Where are you located at? It sounds like a deal I was offering someone here in MD?

so would it be better to just spend the coin and get a Phat shaft or something like that.

its always better to buy a more reliable turbo. you could also build a HX35 HX40 Hybrid turbo... those are capable of high power output too, they are a popular setup. kits are relatively cheap too, or you can just get one of each turbo and make your own.

ok so i got a super phat ordered do i need to get the new oil lines in and out and i got just a standard h1c with a ps inter cooler,any info greatly thanked