Pickin the right turbo

RollinCoal05

ok guys..im sure its on here somewhere but kinda new here. I have a 05' cummins with studs, bag o parts, fass, 100hp nozzles, bd manifold n bd killer b 63, smarty with udc tuning, intake horn, n the other normal mods, intake, exhaust. like the charger for street/towing but looking to go bigger. my highest #'s at wheels is 575 hp with basic udc tune. wanna up charger before i put it back on the dyno to actually have it tuned. lookin at silver bullet 66, htt 66, or borg worner s366. i know the s366 is t4 so have to change manifold but its half the price. wondering what your guys thoughts are..really appreciate it.

No need to change manifold if you don't want, you can buy t3-t4 adapters.

If it was me I would do a 2nd gen swap and an s366 but that's all in what you want and how much you want to spend.

I have a 66 from E.D on my 06 with stock fuel and efi and it drives great and runs good. I have not had it on the dyno or towed with it yet. I've been looking at second gen swaps and s467.7 chargers for once I do injectors cp3.

What's the benefit of the second gen swap? I'm assuming your talking about second gen manifold..

I'm doing it for the convenience of being able to swap chargers easier and to make it sound better. I have heard it reduces egts and drive pressure but I have no evidence of that.

Those chargers are available in T3, especially the brand name units you listed. The silver bullet used to come with everything you needed for a straight bolt up, and from my personal experience was a good charger. This was also 5 years ago when I had my experience.

Anyone running s467.7 with second gen swap? How r street manners for everyday driving and towing

Awesom for daily if u have the fueling tables set right and depends on how heavy of a load you haul also the s464 is another awesome daily charger and have seen 850-900hp out of!! Second gen swap u need a hx40 downpipe and add 4" to extend it and a 2nd gen manifold the intake is a 4" 45* exhaust pipe and whatever filter you want to buy with a 4" inlet also the charged air pipe works you have to hold it up there and cut it down and weld a bead around the end you cut make sure u file the sharp edges or the boot will rip right away also the oil drain you can buy through like fleece or source automotive it's the long one hope this helps I've always made my own kits personally

67.7 is awesome on the street. You don't be getting getting anywhere near its potential with a bag o parts and 100's though. Plus they are cheap. You can get a cast 67.7 for $900

I plan on putting stroker pump on with swap..not lookin for full potential right now but will be down the road. Just didn't want to go to big for now and waste money or go to small and have to upgrade again. Thanks for all the help!

Awesom for daily if u have the fueling tables set right and depends on how heavy of a load you haul also the s464 is another awesome daily charger and have seen 850-900hp out of!! Second gen swap u need a hx40 downpipe and add 4" to extend it and a 2nd gen manifold the intake is a 4" 45* exhaust pipe and whatever filter you want to buy with a 4" inlet also the charged air pipe works you have to hold it up there and cut it down and weld a bead around the end you cut make sure u file the sharp edges or the boot will rip right away also the oil drain you can buy through like fleece or source automotive it's the long one hope this helps I've always made my own kits personally

850 HP out of a s464 on a daily driver ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back