PIECE OF *&$(#*%# Edge!

jmanf250

Gasser Smasher
So...i guess my Edge Attitude comp module got too hot under the hood today and it burnt up :bang. It would not allow the Glow Plug Light to illuminate on my dash at start up and therefore the truck would not start. I removed the Edge and plugged back in the stock connectors to the PCM imputs and all is fine.
Any idea on what NEW programmer i should get. I daily drive and just want something to have fun with when a little Nissan pulls up or some more power for towing occasionally!

Thanks Guys!

and I remember the first time I rode in your truck with the SCT:rockwoot::eek:wned::thankyou2:

I havent looked back since then..I was just doing some typing about the first time I rode in your truck the other day,Scott. You will see soon.:Cheer:

Sounds good. I still want to ride in yours again now that you've got all your stuff done to it... its just that pushing $5.00/gallon my truck hardly ever gets out of this little town.

So....... you guys are saying that maybe SCT is the way to go? It was not CLEAR enough for me....haha

Is it a programmer that connects up like the Edge in the engine cmprtmnt with a bunch of cables etc... or is it just a plug and play hand held deal that connects and comes off?

Where do i get it.... ?

Thanks guys!

It's a plug & play. Where to get it is a whole new can of worms... Check out the site sponsors. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I used Direct Injection... a lot of guys use DJ's Diesel Performance and a lot use Innovative Diesel. It comes down to personal preference & customer service. You might want to call all 3 and pick their brains on their custom tunes.

so there is the SCT SF3 & SCT SF 9415A & the SCT Livewire....
I am sure the live wire is the best because it is the most expensive...but i am not going to race. i pull sometimes and haul and like to smoke mustangs and camero's and any nissan stupid enough to want to run... I like to get decent gas milage and and not looking to blow up any time soon. I have Volant Inake and 5 " from the turbo.. no cat & no muffler dumping at the rear axle to the ground with 6" SS tip... it's LOUD and runs good... but im not going to be sled pulling...any thoughts guys.. thanks!

LIVEWIRE IS CRAP!!!!

all you need is a xcal3

I'd stay away from the livewire too. The Xcal3 will hold the exact same tunes as the livewire for a lot less money. The livewire is an over priced set of gauges IMO.

THANKS GUYS... i am very happy to hear that i don't have to reinvest all that dough on the Live Wire after i just took out the +/- $700.00 Edge Piece of (*$@()&#^