Pinnacle Headers

Bud Hickman

Have any of you guys seen the headers from Pinnacle Power? They look sharp. .....Bud.

Jerry Jarrdine has been making performance headers for a long long time. My paw-in-law used to run them on his 'cuda when he was dirt trackin and doin' R&D for Petty Enterprises in the late 60's and early 70's. He sold Jarrdine headers to summit and now goes as: http://www.pinnaclepowerexhaust.com/

I didn't see any 6.0 headers tho. Just a note about 7.3 still in development.

I talked w/them a few weeks ago, very very knowledgable guys! Their goal is to open up the top end of the engine and it sounds like they are doing pretty decent in their testing. These are equal length jobbers and designed for these engines (as opposed to the current competition). The headers are actually designed for guys way over the 500hp mark (which is where i'm shooting to be), and from what they've seen, the trucks loose a little bit on the bottom end. . .which isn't a problem when drag racing. I got a whole lot more information from them when we talked. . .so i'm sure i'm leaving a lot of good stuff out, but it sounds like a pretty slick product for the competition market. .. may not be so beneficial for the guys who street drive their truck the vast majority of the time. Oh, and they're not out yet, they're still in development but will be coming out when all testing is complete.

I talked to Jerod this morning. He said a few guys have his 7.3 headers on their trucks now. He said he's waiting for some more feed back before he starts selling em. He said they react a litle differant on every truck, it's not like putting a set of headers on a big block chevy and you know what they'll do. It's all been positive though. He claims they aren;t gonna be big horsepower gainers, they'll lower drive pres considerably and about 200 degrees off egt's. He said you can still make big power with stock manifolds but the heat gets out of hand as do drive pres. He's also working on mounting waste gates for the guys running a bunch of nitrous. Smart guys with alot of experiance. Thanks, Bud

trick76cj5 said:
I talked w/them a few weeks ago, very very knowledgable guys! Their goal is to open up the top end of the engine and it sounds like they are doing pretty decent in their testing. These are equal length jobbers and designed for these engines (as opposed to the current competition). The headers are actually designed for guys way over the 500hp mark (which is where i'm shooting to be), and from what they've seen, the trucks loose a little bit on the bottom end. . .which isn't a problem when drag racing. I got a whole lot more information from them when we talked. . .so i'm sure i'm leaving a lot of good stuff out, but it sounds like a pretty slick product for the competition market. .. may not be so beneficial for the guys who street drive their truck the vast majority of the time. Oh, and they're not out yet, they're still in development but will be coming out when all testing is complete.
???? care to go into a lil more detail?

difference being, they are shooting to bump the power curve of the truck up beyond where it currently is, their solution is equal length tubes. Per their testing they have bumped the rpm range of the motor, but have lost a little on the bottom end. I actually called them because i was looking to get some information on what they sold because I've heard that headers can really help the spool up of a turbo (and all this feedback comes from the guys running your headers, and everyone's happy with them). The guys from pinnacle said they didn't notice any help with spool running their headers, but acutally a little loss of power in the lower RPM's. The trade off being more power up top. I guess more misworded than anything, i was drawing a contrast between how these work compared to what you have. . .not that any one is good or bad. .. but different and with different purposes. If/When i get the $$$ together, i will probably run yours because my truck is my daily driver and i care more about turbo spool up than i do about bumping my peak hp a few hundred RPM. . .now if i were building a race truck. .. i'd probably look at pinnacles headers. No ill will intended :Cheer:

Back