PJ vs Griffin trailers

waldershrek

Looking at getting a dump trailer (7x12) and I have it narrowed down to these two brands. From my research these are two of the best. I know alot of people love their PJ's but I recently found a Griffin dealer in my area as well and they look to be built just as good but I have never heard of them before and can't find anybody that has one.

They are both 7x12, 16" tires, 10ga floors, 24" sides, barn doors/spread gate, included ramps, black power coat instead of painted, tarp mount etc...The biggest difference so far is the GVWR of the PJ is 9900lbs and the Griffin is 12k lbs.

Here is the PJ: PJ
and here is the Griffin (link is to the dealer site near me): Griffin

I also looked at Bri-mar and Maxum but they didn't have near the quality of build and every picture I've seen of a used one they are rusted to hell. As an added bonus the local Griffin dealer can issue plates on site so no separate trip to DMV and they throw in the battery where the PJ dealer charges separate for the battery and can't issue plates on site.

So.......anybody heard of/use a Griffin trailer?

Last edited:
i see you have the empire state, where are you located. I have neever seen a griffin trailer either, lots of P&J, Brimar / Cam Superline, and Kaufmans here out in eastern NY.
I am looking at a dump my self.. may even attempt to build one myself.
Thanks,
Deo

I'm in between cortland and binghamton. There is a PJ sub dealer in Cortland but they don't stock anything, have to order everything nor do they have anything to look at. There is a griffin dealer in Nichols and one out by Rochester. Griffin doesn't have much of a web site apparently so finding a dealer is a little tougher than with the PJ.

Everything in my immediate area is Cam and Maxum with a few Cross country thrown in too but they just don't have the quality that the other two do. I don't wanna buy this trailer and it's rusted to hell and looking like **** within a year or three.

Last edited:
I can't help you with Griffin, but there is a PJ dealer down near McAlisterville (spelling?) PA. It is a couple hour drive for you, but last I knew they had a decent inventory.

I like the way the PJ trailers pull, and the trailer seems to be holding up well (paint, etc) after 3-4 years now.

Back