PLEASE HELP 2004 running.......kind of

cummins freak said:
GUYS PLEASE HELP.....this is a thread on my buddy's '04 common rail with a really crappy problem that we cant freaking figure out and i'm no help to him cause i'm a 2nd gen guy not big on CR's yet

Please read this post here http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=118202

Did he change the FCA? It sure isn't $400 from Dodge. Around $100 from either Cummins or Dodge. If the FCA doesn't fix it, than look at testing the APPS. Also, for some odd reason the 555 series injectors love to stick in cold weather. Good luck.

GUNNAR said:
Did he change the FCA? It sure isn't $400 from Dodge./QUOTE]

I was quoted $428 from the dodge part counter a year ago...so yes, it is over $400.

steved

steved said:
GUNNAR said:
Did he change the FCA? It sure isn't $400 from Dodge./QUOTE]

I was quoted $428 from the dodge part counter a year ago...so yes, it is over $400.

steved

No, its not. Depends on where you go. Dealer prices are a joke. Go to cummins or call around. I've had dealers say "does $60 sound good?!" about an injector line. I said no and the price became $50.

973604x4 said:
steved said:
No, its not. Depends on where you go. Dealer prices are a joke. Go to cummins or call around. I've had dealers say "does $60 sound good?!" about an injector line. I said no and the price became $50.

I did go to Cummins...

The parts counters around here don't change pricing because they want your business...they were going to charge me $1057/injector when I lost injectors last week!

I was quoted $428 for the FCA from the Dodge dealer near me...I told them no thanks, and walked out the door. Its not like I care that it is $428, I bought it for $95 from Cummins. Again, that was what they quoted me...not your price, but my quoted price.

steved