Please help ! Electrical failure! No start

joe schubert123

Hello everyone first time poster here .
I'm having an issue with my 2004 dodge cummins regular cab 8ft bed 6 speed manual. Just got the motor all put back together after a fresh rebuild . And had it sittin in the shop and it fired right up and let sit there and warm up for 20 min. Ran just fine . Figured I'd take it for a easy !! Ride down the street and back. well about half a mile from home on my way back I pushed the throttle up to 2000rpms ( hadnt done that at all till just then) and as soon as I did that the fuel gauge dropped to empty and the truck shut off like I turn the key off . Coasted off the road and tryed to restart but would only crank . Check fuses and swapped relays but no luck. I have an air dog 150 lift pump on it stock injection pump( with brand new fca) brand new 50 hp. Injectors . And an edge attuide with juice . But I do not have the edge hooked up due to the fresh build .
Also when I try to plug my scan tool in it won't connect to the truck and I also tried the key trick and it wouldn't work either . Please help thanks ! Joe