please help possible injector problem

cummins 05

Please take a quick listen to the attached sound clip and give me your advice as to what you think could be wrong. A little background on the truck still runs fine maybe a very very slight vibration at idle no other symptoms besides the sound in the exhaust. Has faily new industrial new injectors in it always had an airdog for filtering. What do you guys think dead cylinder maybe an exhaust valve stuck open from broken seat or something like that. The motor has about 10000 miles on it new head at time of rebuild bored 20 over basically a fresh rebuild thanks fot any and all help.

Here is the sound clip
Watch "Exhaust sound whats wrong" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94mEde3QnCo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Does it smoke when it starts? I've had terrible luck with my II injectors.

I cat watch the video right now...

Sent from my LG pad

A little smoke when it starts but there always was a haze they are 120hp injectors I just ohms tested all of them all but one where .5 ohms number 4 was 1.1 I am guessing thats the problem

hate to say it, but that almost sounds like an exh leak. like a valve that isn't sealing.

hate to say it, but that almost sounds like an exh leak. like a valve that isn't sealing.

thats what i was thinking too but short of pulling the head how would u ever tell that i dont have a compression tester

something a long time cummins tech told me to check injectors is idle it up to 3000 and let it sit there for a second to stabilize. let off the throttle. if it doesn't smoothly come down to idle, there is an injector problem.

thats what i was thinking too but short of pulling the head how would u ever tell that i dont have a compression tester

get a thermal gun an when the engine is going from cold start and starting to warm up (not heat soaked) check each cylinder out put. if one has fallen off it will be easily seen. You can also use a spray bottle and that will tell you too.

If you have tools and a buddy. you can pull the manifold off, disconnect your injector harness and pull the intake horn. If you are loosing compression you will notice one of the cylinders doesn't puff like it should, and if you are leaking a intake valve you will hear it from the intake side as a whoosh.

get a thermal gun an when the engine is going from cold start and starting to warm up (not heat soaked) check each cylinder out put. if one has fallen off it will be easily seen. You can also use a spray bottle and that will tell you too.

If you have tools and a buddy. you can pull the manifold off, disconnect your injector harness and pull the intake horn. If you are loosing compression you will notice one of the cylinders doesn't puff like it should, and if you are leaking a intake valve you will hear it from the intake side as a whoosh.

that makes sense to me i may have to try that out this weekend i really think its a valve problem or possible a head gasket broke between cylinders or something like that i may pull the manifold and intake this weekend and check that out and go from there i just rebuilt the motor due to bad injectors washing out 5 and 6 so i am really cautious of that now of course