Po299 Code Again

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
WELL ITS DID IT GOING DOWN A LONG HILL TODAY , CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON , CAN ONLY GET 5 LBS OF BOOST AND I TRIED TO CLEAR IT WITH MY ACTRON SCANNER I BOUGHT AT ADAP ( CLEARS ALL OTHER CODES ) AND IT WILL NOT CLEAR IT - ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE A IDEA WHAT IS CAUSING THIS FOR THE SECOND TIME IN 30 DAYS ? COULD IT BE A MAP SENSOR ? COMPUTER ISN'T SEEING OR PICKING SOMETHING UP ? PLEASE GET BACK TO ME , THANKS:bang

P0299 Turbo/Super Charger Underboost

That aint good... Have you checked your turbo? What boost does it make "normally'? Whats the endplay like?

Boost leaks? I dont think they had plastic intercoolers till 05 did they? Check your intake tubes/boots for tears/leaks.

Do you run a pressure box? Try seating the MAP sensor plug. (Just a long shot with this one, there is a map sensor voltage code that would indicate this, I believe)

Can you brake torque it and see any boost?

your aftermarket turbo is the cause. smarty cleares that code just fine

Just Don't Want To Spend 600.00 On A Device That For Now I Would Only Use A Scanner - If My Tranny Was All Done Up , It Would Already Be Installed - I Would Like To Fix The Problem Now Without Spending 600.00 For A Smarty