Posi in 03 6.0

Frans96ss

i have an f-250 with 36k on it and it pulls a damn 1 legger..... are the supposed to be posi? if so is that covered under warrenty?

If you have a Crew Cab the l/s rear is not available. If you have a reg cab or xcab it is an option.
With 36k I would doubt your dealer could get it covered for you, but perhaps they can? I had mine in the shop with less than 10k on it. They did a torque break away test and I was told the clutch pack was within factory spec. Spec is 20-100 ft. lbs. mine was 24 ft. lbs.
The factory l/s is crap and not worth the $300 they charge for it. I hope Ford decides on some type of selectable locker in the future.

Last edited:
It should be called a "limited traction", or "frequent slip". To call it "posi" is good too, "piece of $h!t innovation"

It does work in the snow though.

Mine is an 04 CC and it came with a LS rear axle, sometimes it works sometimes it don't.

Did the l/s become unavailable on a CC for 05? A friend could not get one for his 05

I'm not sure if they discontinued it or not, I purchased my truck brand new and the window sticker says it has 3.73 rear end with limited slip. Could be possible they discontinued it though, but it wouldn't make sense just on cab model.

mine doesnt pull a one legger all the time but most of the time it does and it pisses me off..... thats retarded that it doesnt have a limited slip

I have an '03 Crewcab and it definitely has limited slip. Says so in option codes as well as the manufacturer sticker, so you could be had on crews. Works for crap, but that's another matter!!!

If its 4X4 than it prolly has the LS if its 2by than its a crapshoot if ya got it or not. I pulled my LS out and put in a Det Locker :ylsuper: WAY Better now.. Oh BTW Factory LS For sale still works good...

how much was the detroit locker and is there any other kind of good posi units.... i dont really want a locker...

You can get a locker for around $600.- plus install.
As Ive said before its very streetable and very nice to have, For the money you cant go wrong..

I must be lucky, my 03 has never pulled a peg leg, it spins both all the time.

Dalpilot said:
I must be lucky, my 03 has never pulled a peg leg, it spins both all the time.
Im Sure it has, You just didnt notice it.. Unless both streeks were the same they werent spinnin the same..Theres a BIG diff between the stocker and the locker.. :drool:

JJeepyjohn said:
You can get a locker for around $600.- plus install.
As Ive said before its very streetable and very nice to have, For the money you cant go wrong..

I'm saving for one right now.
Soon, very soon

yeah, it kinda gets annoying sometimes, but ive gotten used to it. wouldnt really recommend anyone do it and wouldnt do it again. but it was just for fun and it works EVERY TIME! that i like. as for a locker, i would say a detroit.

Garrett