Possibly want to trade my 11second car for diesel.

95 camaro z28

Not sure why havn't even really thought about it too long and hard but sometimes i wish i had a nice, extended cab short bed manual diesel. I have had a gas truck and i think they suck, so ill never own one again if i can help it.

i have a 1994 11 second lt1 camaro. 383 stroker heads and cam with tons of other motor modifications. Full suspension, lowered, 17" rims along with a pair of 16" rims with Mickey Thompson et streets. Its a 6 speed car with ttops. Runs very very strong, pulls like a bat out of hell and crosses the 1/4 in just shy of 12 seconds.

Could use some paint on a few body pieces but thats not expensive if you find someone who does it as a side job.

I dont even know if there is any interest here for such a car. If there is, id like to trade plus add a little bit of cash at most. Needs to be something 94 plus. Manual highly considered over automatic, extended cab or crew cab is a must as well as a short bed. Also has to be 4x4. lower mileage is nice since the body of this thing has 78k on it and the motor less than 7k

Dually would be wicked but that might be a tad expensive. I know these trucks are expensive to buy but someone out there might appreciate the work put into this car. Adding up the value of the car, modifications it has AND COUNTLESS HOURS OF LABOR out weighs the price of some of these trucks.

So for anyone looking for a turn key 11 second car and u dont even have to get your hands dirty let me know.

not sure if this forum is like other but i guess if i have to add a price it would be something like 10k. but i dont really want to sell outright.

Last edited:
Be still my heart................. anyone wanna donate him a truck so I can have that car?

thanks crew haha, its a hot ride. i cringe at the thought of getting ride of it, but i have this wild hair up my ass to start some sort of towing business and this needs to go to make that happen.

as a teaser here is 2 short videos...lol enjoy.

this one isnt even wide open throttle.

maybe someone might know of other good forums with quick moving classified ad's? this one doesnt seem to move very much. is there any super huge diesel forum where people sell lots of trucks?

i have seen every single truck thats currently on ebay thats a diesel and fits my wants.

most of them are dealer and im looking to trade for one. i have also worn out autotrader for my area.

People are not selling their trucks that can race, pull, tow, and whoop up on cars that think they are fast. :shake: Maybe you just need to put a DIESEL in your car. And you too could do all of that?:hehe: :hehe:

BUCKSHOT said:
People are not selling their trucks that can race, pull, tow, and whoop up on cars that think they are fast. :shake: Maybe you just need to put a DIESEL in your car. And you too could do all of that?:hehe: :hehe:

thanks for the bump!

house said:
Its a 87 buick Grand national

your point? i didnt say your car couldnt do it. I know dang well a gnx is a mid-high 13s car stock and i know they can be modified to be real fast.

alot of cars can run 11 second quarter miles. this is just one of them. perhaps someone may be interested. simple concept.

all i have is a car someone can put a grand into an be flirting with the 10s barrier and still get over 20mph on the highway.

i know diesel trucks can be made quick thats not teaching me anything, there is a market out there for everything. so im just seeing what kinda of offers may be out there. if i end up just selling it out right thats how it will go.

yeah its on them too. im not 100 percent committed to selling it out right but yes its on atleast 6 forums. i just wanted a diesel so i figured it be worth a shot over here.

obviously i cant expect a bunch of diesel guys on their own site to want something like this, but might as well try. no harm no foul

back when i had my camaro a few months ago i seen a few times on ls1tech where theres a guy with a diesel truck that wanted a hotrod to trade

house said:
back when i had my camaro a few months ago i seen a few times on ls1tech where theres a guy with a diesel truck that wanted a hotrod to trade

problem is i am super pickey. i wont even consider it unless its a 4x4 ext cab, short bed, manual. and thats a hard combo to find.

alot of times i see everything but its not 4x4 or it is 4x4 but its an auto.

i dont have anything in particular against automatics i just put together what i have picked up from these sites and it seems the manual is the way to go.

Id like a cummins since i like the body style all the way back to 94 but i dont mind powerstrokes except i only like the 99 and new style! and people want a fortune for those!

but is the powerstroke automatic a weak enough link that the manual is highly advised or is it fine? i wont do a ton of hauling with the truck but i might be wanting to load up a trailer with a car and some other stuff here and there.

i guess my question is, starting fresh is it better to hold out for a manual pds or cummins? or just go with a automatic and its not a huge deal?