Post your stereo setup

Phooker

Gluten Free
So, another thread got me wondering what all you guys jam with going down the road. My DD has this in it.

Pioneer DEH6000UB
-Ipod control is the main feature that I like about it.
deh-p6050ub_es@071012@l.jpg

Polk DB651 in the front door
db651.jpg

Polk DB571 in the rear
h107DB571-f.jpeg

For bass I'm running a single 12 inch Kicker L7
p2068VS12L7-f.jpeg

Driven by a Kicker ZX1000.1 1000 watt single channel monoblock.
254770.jpg

Ran zero gauge to the back of the truck for power.
It thumps :bang:bang:bang

What about you guys?

Let's see...Sony Head unit, with Sony speakers in front and rear doors, since I had them sitting here:D Sub is a JL 12w6v2, under the front console, powered by a 500/1 JL amp...need more amp, but she thumps pretty good! If I ever get around to it, I have JL 3 way components, and 2 way components for the rear still in my old truck, that I still need to swap out!

Chris

I shoulda bought some components from Polk through vendor accommodation before circuit city went tits up...100 bucks for polk 6.5 components...kick my ass each time I see a set.

Head unit is a Kenwood Excelon DDX7015 dvd player thingy
Front speakers are Focal 165k2 components...overpriced but worth every penny
Rear speakers are Focal 165v2 components
Amps....4 of varying sizes from Rockford Fosgate
Subs...1 JL Audio 10W6v2 and 2 Pioneer Premiere flat 12's
1 15.4" Directed Electronics drop down monitor
250 sq ft of Dynamat Extreme with Dynasorb pads behind all mids
Wiring is all Stinger or Pheonix Gold...0/1 main power, 4 gauge amp wire, distribution block and circuit breaker.
RCA's are Street Wires ZN6...4 20 footers at 120 bucks a pop. LOL

615565.jpg

615564.jpg

615552.jpg

3 of 4 amps:
DSC00741_Medium_.JPG

DSC01602_Medium_.JPG

That's all the pics I have.

Last edited:
Head unit is a Kenwood Excelon DDX7015 dvd player thingy
Front speakers are Focal 165k2 components...overpriced but worth every penny
Rear speakers are Focal 165v2 components
Amps....4 of varying sizes from Rockford Fosgate
Subs...1 JL Audio 10W6v2 and 2 Pioneer Premiere flat 12's
1 15.4" Directed Electronics drop down monitor
250 sq ft of Dynamat Extreme with Dynasorb pads behind all mids
Wiring is all Stinger or Pheonix Gold...0/1 main power, 4 gauge amp wire, distribution block and circuit breaker.
RCA's are Street Wires ZN6...4 20 footers at 120 bucks a pop. LOL

Always wondered the entire setup you had since I heard it was pretty sweet :rockwoot: Some REALLY nice speakers and gear in there for sure. Curious about your sub setup, where are they located, is the JL between the front seats and the shallow pioneers behind the back seat? Definitely a pretty slick rolling audio/video setup you have :bow:

Sadly mine has been a long work in progress and is still not finished and probably never will be lol.

Head unit: Alpine 9887 (active processing :))
Front speakers: Polk Audio SR6500 (ran active)
Front Amp: Sundown Audio Sax 100.4
Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 12", 1ft^3 sealed in the center console
Sub Amp: Sundown Audio Saz-1500D
Misc: Wiring is all kicker hyperflex for now 1/0 power+ground with a 4awg to the front speaker amp. Also a complete computer with a 10.4" in dash touch screen, AMD athlon 2ghz with 1gb of ram and onboard audio for now, wifi connection and GPS.

Still needs deadener, rebuild the tweeter pods on the sail panels, rebuild the amp rack without the crossovers, finish building the sub box (got an 08 console for this part) and finish up the dash and then will probably swap out gear for some random reason lol.

Dash still needs work to be finished
DSC01912.jpg

All the guts behind the seat(out of the truck for installing), amps, crossovers, and computer
DSC01568.jpg

All covered up and with the seat folded down
DSC01574.jpg

gonna follow this closely, love to see what others are running in their trucks, can only look at stereo's in Honda's so many times lol

Last edited:
dude, you guys' systems shat upon mine... LOL
I need to step it up some. LOL

If it makes you feel better Phil I've got a Pioneer head unit driving stock speakers:hehe:

i got a dodge factory head unit with 3 band equilizer cd/cassette am/fm infinaty package and thats it

My budget install. The speakers/headunit/amp partially via a earned points program at my last job (on the spot mini bonus kinda). I saved a few dollars with the free money there. I spend like $750-ish I think total. Maybe $1000 worth of parts if you factor in the "points" part.

It sounds ok! Every now and the door speakers get a little warm. The lack of a good EQ is mostly at fault there. The subs need a bigger box. It's a hair smaller then spec. Much smaller then I wished. And the sub amp is OLD. a current sub amp might fix some of the bass clarity when things are turned up. I've never liked 10" subs for the lack of range, but there's nothing practical to put in a 3rd gen and keep the interior functional I need a cap or a bigger alternator. When I fix the HVAC door, I'll see about putting in some dynomatt. That'll help out a lot I'm sure. I dis-like the head unit. It's lack of proper iPhone support is annoying, it's color is wrong for night driving and it's to bright as well when it's on "dim".

http://picasaweb.google.com/JasonCzerak/2004Ram2500StereoInstall#

If anyone is looking for any cold school 12" phoenix gold subs in a box and a 4 way 50 watt kenwood amp. and other old school kenwood goodies. give me a shout!

Nothing too spectacular here, put it together on a budget but it sounds pretty clean to me.

Pioneer DEH-P9800
Infinity Reference 475A
Infinity Reference Series 6x9's and 6 1/2's
2x Infinity Kappa 102.7 subs in a Probox
Alpine V-Power 1000watt
Ipod Nano

HTT and 5" turbo back with the windows down sounds alright too though, lol.

Last edited:
I will take some if my system later today, its pretty sick!!

Last edited:
Some pics of my system

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 37
LMM:
Kenwood DNX7120 (GPS, dvd/mp3/cd, usb, back-up camera in a custom steel box, and steering wheel controls still work)
10" Memphis PR in a home-made pro box
db drive 350 watt

24v:
The Walmart set up! all this came with the truck and sounds good
Dual 7" touch screen....dvd/mp3/cd, ipod
Some kind of Sony amp
Sony 10" in the walmart box
Pioneer 4 ways in the doors

Always wondered the entire setup you had since I heard it was pretty sweet :rockwoot: Some REALLY nice speakers and gear in there for sure. Curious about your sub setup, where are they located, is the JL between the front seats and the shallow pioneers behind the back seat? Definitely a pretty slick rolling audio/video setup you have :bow:

Sadly mine has been a long work in progress and is still not finished and probably never will be lol.

Head unit: Alpine 9887 (active processing :))
Front speakers: Polk Audio SR6500 (ran active)
Front Amp: Sundown Audio Sax 100.4
Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 12", 1ft^3 sealed in the center console
Sub Amp: Sundown Audio Saz-1500D
Misc: Wiring is all kicker hyperflex for now 1/0 power+ground with a 4awg to the front speaker amp. Also a complete computer with a 10.4" in dash touch screen, AMD athlon 2ghz with 1gb of ram and onboard audio for now, wifi connection and GPS.

Still needs deadener, rebuild the tweeter pods on the sail panels, rebuild the amp rack without the crossovers, finish building the sub box (got an 08 console for this part) and finish up the dash and then will probably swap out gear for some random reason lol.

Dash still needs work to be finished
DSC01912.jpg

All the guts behind the seat(out of the truck for installing), amps, crossovers, and computer
DSC01568.jpg

All covered up and with the seat folded down
DSC01574.jpg

gonna follow this closely, love to see what others are running in their trucks, can only look at stereo's in Honda's so many times lol
I've seen this in person, and it's really sweet. Great job, can't wait to see it as it progresses!

I have a Kenwood Excelon head unit, 4 JL door speakers, a 10" JL in the Stealth Box in the center console, and a 1200 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp to push it all. Eventually going to get another Amp so I can clean it up behind my seat some. Ill post some pics once I get the truck back from the body shop and get the inside cleaned up.

More info on those subs in the rear door please?

Those are some JL 10s that work well in a small enclosure. The enclosures air tight and made with wood and fiberglass. I purchased these subs from the guy who installed the system and have no idea other than they work great in a very small enclosure.

I've got the Pioneer DEH6000UB in my truck. I'm thinking I need to get some better speakers to get some better sound. I've got some basic Pioneer 6x9's in the front doors that I put in back last summer when one of the Dodge stockers quit on me. And I've still got the stock Dodge speakers in the rear. Been happy with the Pioneer deck so far just want some better sound and I'm thinking that some better speakers will help out with that.

Back