Potential new pull in Northern Indiana

HorsinAround

Pulling newbie
I am looking at organizing a pull next season in northern Indiana and am looking for class ideas. Since it will be the first year for an all Truck pull at this location, we are only looking at having a couple of sanctioned classes and several brush classes since we don't know what type of crowd to expect. What I'd like to know is what brush classes are popular? I'm looking at offering a mixture of 4wd, 2wd, gas and diesel.
Also what kind of truck turn out would we get if the pull is on Sunday afternoon or a Tuesday evening?

Thanks for the input.

Alan

Well I guess i'll say the obvious of Workstock 2.6 and 2.8/3.0<--whatever that class ends up being...the altered big blocks and it seemed like pull n power had some altered small block classes that had decent turn outs...Problems being though of how tough tech is and stuff of who all comes back but hey i guess thats with anything. As for day I would think sunday would be better especially if there was another hook in northern indiana on saturday guys comin from aways may get a hotel and stay....but those are just my thoughts hope it all goes together good

re

Well I guess i'll say the obvious of Workstock 2.6 and 2.8/3.0<--whatever that class ends up being...the altered big blocks and it seemed like pull n power had some altered small block classes that had decent turn outs...Problems being though of how tough tech is and stuff of who all comes back but hey i guess thats with anything. As for day I would think sunday would be better especially if there was another hook in northern indiana on saturday guys comin from aways may get a hotel and stay....but those are just my thoughts hope it all goes together good

What is the normal purse for WS and 2.6 at a brush pull?
And how far back is the payout?

What is the normal purse for WS and 2.6 at a brush pull?
And how far back is the payout?

most places only pay back 5 spots at a brush pull. A lot of the brush pulls down in southern Indiana normally have a street class with no hanging weights and then they have a open anything goes with hanging weights.

2.5 class is still out there????

Workstock
2.6 street Class
Open (RWYB)

Those are about all I see at 99% of the brush pulls Ice seen.....No Idea on the gassers though.

2.5 single cp3 will be ws at a few places this year

2.5/workstock has basically been the same difference for awhile just a different name for the same class.

Re

Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it. A few more questions.

Is the purse normally 100% of the entry fees? I plan to hit up some businesses to raise some additional funds but this fair also has 2 great pulls the following weekend and I know they hit up area businesses so it may be tough to raise a big purse the first year.

What kind of truck numbers are there in these classes?

Where can I get rules for the WS and 2.6 street class?

Last edited:
Yeah usually 100% payback plus whatever purse.....usually in WS/2.5 the numbers can really get up there anywhere between 15 and 30 trucks it seems like depending on the pulls popularity and stuff like that...2.6 usually a decent pull will have around 10 maybe a few more and the 2.8/3.0 could have a few and could have a lot depending on what other associations are going and stuff like that.....the only BIG advice i can give that i believe would help getting bigger trucks there is to set the WS/2.5 purse low (in my opinion if there pullin for big money there in the wrong class anyway) and then 2.6 better and then give the big class the heart of the purse cause if you can get those boys there usually the rest will follow....i have a buddy in 2.8/3.0 and a couple brush pulls we went to that did payback according to hook counts in the class i got paid better for a 2nd place finish in a lower class than he did for winning his...kind of puts a damper in it for the big class but hey thats just me...

Yeah usually 100% payback plus whatever purse.....usually in WS/2.5 the numbers can really get up there anywhere between 15 and 30 trucks it seems like depending on the pulls popularity and stuff like that...2.6 usually a decent pull will have around 10 maybe a few more and the 2.8/3.0 could have a few and could have a lot depending on what other associations are going and stuff like that.....the only BIG advice i can give that i believe would help getting bigger trucks there is to set the WS/2.5 purse low (in my opinion if there pullin for big money there in the wrong class anyway) and then 2.6 better and then give the big class the heart of the purse cause if you can get those boys there usually the rest will follow....i have a buddy in 2.8/3.0 and a couple brush pulls we went to that did payback according to hook counts in the class i got paid better for a 2nd place finish in a lower class than he did for winning his...kind of puts a damper in it for the big class but hey thats just me...

Does the host normally check turbos to prevent 2.6/2.8 guys from dropping down and smacking the WS trucks around or is it necessary?

Well if you drop the purse enough that would be your first deterent from that but it usually makes everyone feel better to have them checked or at least the hoods popped looking for spray. The duramax's can be tough sometimes to tech just due to the location of the turbo but i think as long as the guy teching has done it before it'd probably work out just fine. If the purses get put more towards the 2.6 and 2.8/3.0 i'd be more concerend a 2.8 truck wasnt hiding in 2.6 but a couple plugs goes a long way for teching each of these classes

Getting closer to making this a reality. I met with the fair board last night and the feed back I got this morning is positive. Have a couple more hurdles to clear but it is looking good so far!

It will be in Logansport at the fairgrounds. Still trying to get everything to come together. I'll post more information as I have it.

It will be in Logansport at the fairgrounds. Still trying to get everything to come together. I'll post more information as I have it.

I have pulled there before... Hope you can come up with better payouts than they ever did...