Powder or beads?

nummit

Having a little trouble keeping my Procomps balanced. I have seen the powder and beads advertised as a way to balance troublesome tires. Anyone have any experience with it?

nummit said:
Having a little trouble keeping my Procomps balanced. I have seen the powder and beads advertised as a way to balance troublesome tires. Anyone have any experience with it?

i have tried both with lackluster results...

I have some of the ball bearing whatchamacallits that mount on the inside of the wheels... i don't or haven't used them as i don't have any vibes but they're said to work well.

No on the powder, unless you are certain you will only have dry air in there. Otherwise the powder will clump.

Standard road force or spin balance won't work?

i run the Equal brand powder. As DC said it will clump if any moisture gets in there though. i have had it for over a year now with no problems but i make certain that the compressor I use has an air/water sparator. It works good though.

i tried powder, i tried tennis balls. ive tried equal. easier to find a shop that will road force match them. eventaully bought a set of toyo a/t open country and different rims to cure all of it.

DCSpecial said:
No on the powder, unless you are certain you will only have dry air in there. Otherwise the powder will clump.

Standard road force or spin balance won't work?

They have been balanced twice since i got them last year. They balance up but it doesn't last.
I know Procomp has trouble making tires that are actually round...:poke:

try taking the tires to any company that shaves bid rig wheels to make them perfectly round. Maybe that will help you.