power on ebay

cm cows

Here by the owl
Hi first post with a lot of questions,

what do yall know about the diablo power puck? i found one on ebay for 200.00 thats pretty cheap power. one of my buddies has one and it gives a good amount of power, but its also stacked with a hypertech on the stage 3 setting. does that combination have to much timing? is there such a thing as to much timing? and is there a fueling box out there for cheaper than 500.00. i know thats a lot of questions but i have read a lot of post and like your feed back to each other! so feedback would be greatly appericated!!!

I wouldn't say that they are really good or bad..

I would say that not very many people that are making good power use them.

I would personally choose something different. There are a lot of options available for the price range. Depending on the year of your truck, this may be a very good choice:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2820

I also think that the Smarty is a heck of a deal for everything that you get. Remember, anything that claims above about 65rwhp (Rear Wheel Horse Power) is going to be a pump tap. Don't worry about what that means at this point beyond that it is a little more involved to install, and a stock clutch or automatic transmission isn't going to last behind it.

I had one for something like 40,000 miles. IMO they work just as good as compareable timeing boxes. I know of a few 500+ hp and 1 600+ hp turck running them. They aren't very popular because the got a bad rap when the first came out. I stacked mine with a TST. You can usually find a used TST PM3 for under 500. They used to be a dime a dozen and pretty cheap. Now with smarty crazy and how well the smarty and TST stack the are harder to find and more expensive.

thats some good stuff:thankyou2: . I wish i didnt have to pay for school or i would have a very smokey pickup:ylsuper:, but school comes first since it will pay for the fun later! i was all so wondering what the consequences of to much timing?

cm cows said:
i was all so wondering what the consequences of to much timing?

Reduced lower end torque and a possible blow head gasket.

Your going to find that there are actually very few timing boxes out there. Edge and Smarty seem to be the only boxes that really deal with timing. Most of the other boxes are fuel only... ESPECIALLY the wire tap boxes.

I wouldn't stack timing boxes myself. Maybe 1 timing box and then a good fueling box.. The coolest thing about the Smarty is that you have 10 levels, half have timing and the other half don't.

How about finding a used comp, it has both timing and fuel. I bet you could find one used for around $500. Just another option.

95ram said:
I know of a few 500+ hp and 1 600+ hp turck running them. .

1600 HP!!!!! :bow:

Who is running 1600hp?

I want to see this.

dan