Power Potential

Schoust

Hi Guy's I'm currenty shopping a replacement for my 12v and I was currious what the potential of the 6.7 was? What kind of mods are available to this engine and what are the pontential gains?
Thanks

power potential is directly related to ones checkbook... everything you can do to a 5.9 commonrail you can do to a 6.7, you just have more displacement

So the Asien tany is just another transmission that will need help??For some reason I was thinking that the newer engines did not have much in the way of performance enhancments?

Aisen tranny only in the c&c trucks 68rfe for the regular pickups. And so far it is not the best if you put power to it

there a pretty powerful motor after being debagged
the heads flow more air than the 5.9
there is a ton of after market stuff for the 6.7 now
when i got mine 08 in may of 08 there was not that much but now there is and the prices on stuff is alot cheaper than when the 6.7 first came out
duel fuelers
compound twins
xrt/blackmax/smarty
sbclutch
just about anything to get to 800hp
:woohoo:

Hi Guy's I'm currenty shopping a replacement for my 12v and I was currious what the potential of the 6.7 was? What kind of mods are available to this engine and what are the pontential gains?
Thanks

Bean's Diesel swapped one into an F250 and it makes over 1000 hp. Brown's Diesel did the same with 03 injectors, 03 ECM, twins, big sticks and nitrous.

The rods seem blow between 1000-1100hp.

The potential depends on your pocketbook. Off the top of my head I can think of these parts to use on the build:

12V rods
Hamilton cam (springs, pushrods)
Industrial Injection just came out with some new pistons
Mild to wild CP3's and of course duals
Run any 5.9 turbo setup you want, or get a custom one
And of course all the basic stuff, exhausts, intakes, intercoolers, intake horns, headstuds, etc.