Power-steering pump fuel system

Begle1

Why not have your power steering pump suck and return fuel from your fuel tank instead of using it's own hydraulic fluid, then T a regulator, cooler and filter off of the power steering pump outlet and use that to feed your injection pump?

lubrication?

I'd think that Diesel fuel would be a lubricant enough... Might not last 500,000 miles, I'd expect it not to self-destruct on it though.

How much volume does a power steering pump move?

I don't know. OEM's specify that, judging by line size I'd assume it to be lots by fuel standards.

It can dump it out faster than I can put it in at idle,i bet it could keep up,

Why not have your power steering pump suck and return fuel from your fuel tank instead of using it's own hydraulic fluid, then T a regulator, cooler and filter off of the power steering pump outlet and use that to feed your injection pump?

because when you turned the steering wheel, it would starve the injection pump of fuel...:poke:

LOL

But that's one of the beautiful things with it... When I really need the fuel, I'm not turning the wheel.

The typical saginaw pump found in most cars/trucks is rated around 2.4 to 3.5 gpm for flow and about 1100-1450 psi for pressure. Not sure how close the dodge setup is to this, but should give you a reference point.

If you could modify the pump to drop the pressure it might be an option, if your running lots of pump lube etc. 3.5 GPM at 60 psi isn't too bad.