power steering pump problems

aksparkey01

bombing addict.
hey guys, i was hoping you might be able to tell me whats wron with my ps pump. Last weekend my brakes and steering went out, all of the oil puked out of the resevior. so tonight i checked the resevor leval and fired it up. still had no brakes and steering. the resevior looked fine with the cap off while ideling but when i reved it up it started bubbling.Then when i shut it off fluid started puking out. I had put some of the lucas power steering fix in there a few days ago.
thanks

Ok to state the obvious, you have air in you power steering lines. I had the same problem. This may not be the proper way but it worked for me. Check all lines going to and from the pump and ensure they are good and tight, fill your pump back up with fluid, lift the front of the truck and place on jack stand clear of tires fire the truck up and turn wheel back and forth and work out the air pocket/bubbles, continually check fluid to ensure your not just pumpin air back on the lines. Should fix the problem unless you have a cracked line or fitting. Again this is the way I fixed my problem others may have a better way

Last edited:
Back