power steering pump upgrade?

tyler-brown

Hey guys, I've done some searching, and the last thread I found was from '10, was wondering if there is any after market or upgraded p/s pumps for my 06,3500. I keep munching (nappa mind you) p/s pumps and it's time to upgrade. Any info would be great ! I need a problem solved, driving me crazy changing these out. thanks!

Last edited:
How many miles on the truck? How many miles between pump changes?
There has to be some other reason you are going through power steering pumps. Do you ever find shavings in any of the fluid when you replace one? Leaks?

Two pumps in less than a year. I have a steering box brace. And nope, no leaks, no metal shavings, I'd always flush the system when I'd put in a new pump (and when I did new box as well) with Atf+4 only thing I can figure is it's a ****ty nappa pump, and I'm pushing 22.5" for wheels

I rebuild the hole front end and still was lil slack so I added the steering box stabilizer and another steering shock. It was awesome but still wasn't right. I've herd the red head gear box is the way to go. Just haven't got one yet. Had another prodject going.

^I had a redhead in my 2nd gen with 37s and it was great compared to the wore out stock box. Never have owned any other aftermarket steering boxes to compare. I now have a redhead sitting (buried) in a box on my workbench waiting for time to install it on my 08.

Back