power the same after 370s

JWC PERFORMANCE

I just installed the bosh 370s on my 97 12v 5 speed I have a #0 plate bhaf and timming at 17* I have the star wheel cranked but I have no smoke from first to third gear but in fourth and fifth gear I have some smoke but not that much the odd thing is is that it idles smooth no ruff idle I thought they sent me the wrong injectors but the part # on the box is right I cant really tell that much of a power difference it runs strong but not much stronger than when I just did the #0 plate everyone I know says that 370s are smokey injectors at idle and smoke alot and have an ruff idle I dont need the black smoke but I wonder why I dont have much more power than I had is somthing wrong
thanks John

I had the same issue when I was running 370's, thruthfully I lost power by running them. I did however smoke pretty good. What DV's are you running? Even with the addition of the 0 plate you may not be getting enough fuel into the injector to see a difference. Just an idea.

370's do not idle rough... and they don't stumble on 180/215 pump trucks.

you might try uncranking the star wheel and see what it does. my 370's on my 97 5sp could black out the sun.

Forrest Nearing said:
370's do not idle rough... and they don't stumble on 180/215 pump trucks.

you might try uncranking the star wheel and see what it does. my 370's on my 97 5sp could black out the sun.
Thats an understatement:Cheer:

I had a set of PDR370s in mine and i HATED them. Not much of a power increase at all, and the truck just didnt run smooth like it did with the stock injectors. I switched to the new era 370s and liked them MUCH better. Truck ran stronger and sounded smooth. The bosch 370s dont have the correct spray pattern for our engines. Spend a little more money and get a better set of injectors. You wont be disappointed.

Nothing wrong with a higher dollar injector!

97' 5 Speed, pump tweaked my me with 3K's, a cut stock plate and stock 215injectors 376 HP, added 370's while it was still on the dyno....446 HP......496 with Water/Meth.....17.5 on timing and a STOCK HX-35/18.5.....did it 3 years ago!

Jim

97' 5 Speed, pump tweaked my me with 3K's, a cut stock plate and stock 215injectors 376 HP, added 370's while it was still on the dyno....446 HP......496 with Water/Meth.....17.5 on timing and a STOCK HX-35/18.5.....did it 3 years ago!

Jim[/QUOTE]

so your saying that the 370s are ok injectors and make a good power #but my other quiestion is why it dosent smoke like most peoples trucks with 370s when you first take off is there mabe something wrong with me trucks pump

i would say there is something wrong, i know for a fact that off the shelf 370's made 780-790 some in a guys truck 2 years ago. i would check your fuel pressure first off, there is where i would say the prob is, then lift pump, fuel heater/prescreen, fuel filter. it is fuel related problem so check everythign in the fuel transfer system. i put my money on pressure, or your gov is screwed up (not balanced)

13mm pump, 370's and Water/Meth....like 775....I did that back in 04'

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
Nothing wrong with a higher dollar injector!

Jim

Except the fact you can get the same injector for much less money if you know who to talk to.

did you adjust your gov arm after the zero plate?
could be sliding under the plate

an improperly adjusted fuel shut off valve could cause a similar lack of fuel.
I'm well over 500hp on stock Bosh 370's & love them.

turbomatt1 said:
an improperly adjusted fuel shut off valve could cause a similar lack of fuel.
I'm well over 500hp on stock Bosh 370's & love them.

This is very true

Eric

370's

What thickness base washers did you use? Should have been the .020" ones.
Back in the day Piers told me the wrong washers would hurt the HP level to the tune of 25HP.

I got some Dragon Fly injectors from Industrial ill sell ya? $600 and some stock ones in return that i can use for a core charge to send to scheids.

try sliding you afc forward, and loosening up the starwheel!

makin sure the gov arm wont slide under the plate wouldnt hurt either!

I was told there are different 370s some are suitable for our trucks some are
not. I have one set of numbers bosch 0 432 131 715 . My truck does not smoke very much but ( # 10 plate slid .030 forward) it pulls very hard and will bury the pyro quick. Hope this helps.Rich