Powershot 2000 propane injection

MARK1959

Anyone using this? Increase hp, better fuel mileage, etc. etc. I leaning toward purchasing one. Made by Diesel Performance Products.

If you're running a tuner do yourself a favor and stay away from propane on a 6 litre. Using the propane with it being the only power adder I've heard could be safe but have only heard of very few people using propane on a 6.0.

MARK1959,

If you want the safest systems out there with tuneability thru a laptop take a look at the Superchip/MSD system. Costs more but it's waaaay advanced over the boost only systems of yesterday!

Mark @ DPPI

The only system that is boost controlled, not just boost activated (which is a Powershot) is not yesterday's news. A simple effective product that is proven and works, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better to me. What if I adjusted something I shouldn't????

MARK1959,

That's one of the great things about the Superchips/MSD system, you don't have to adjust anything and it monitors the engine temp, boost level, oil temp, propane temp and a bunch of other things I can't remember before it'll let you have any propane. That's why it's so safe and you can run it as is comes out of the box. Or you can hook up a laptop to it and modify it to match the mods you have done to your truck specifically. Relying on boost only, works in most cases but what if the MAP sensor goes out of wack, with the MSD system you have rendundant back up systems to make sure you don't hurt an engine.

Mark @ DPPI

Mark Craig

Thank you so much for all of your sales information. I have pm'd 2 owners of the MSD propane system, one took if off their truck, and the other was less than impressed with the system your selling. So, I purchased the Powershot 2000.

The only adjustment you can make to the MSD is to turn it down. Totally safe. I have run mine for about 8000kms now. I never shut it off. Towed 11,000lbs 5000kms. NO PROBLEMS. I ran dougs towing tune with the propane.

I was wondering if there were any? happy uses of propane on this forum. Is there anyone else running propane and happy