Ppe/ 6.7

stock600

Who all has ran a PPE on thier 6.7? I have ran it for years on my 5.9 and love it, all the new versions are universal from 03-09 5.9 and 6.7 . Not that i would buy a 6.7 or nothing, just curious. I am getting a few of them for friends, on thier 6.7 trucks, hope they have the same great luck that i have had. Comments???
Ryan

Finally sold some PPE's to 6.7 owners, thier happy with them so far. On a 08 3/4 ton P/U owner says his milage has gone from 14 to 19, every thing else on this truck is bone stock. Only complaint is it now slips the clutch, were going to turn it down to the tow mode and see if that issue goes away and what the milage does. Holler at me for all your PPE needs!
Ryan

So the truck has all of its emissions equipment right? Does the PPE leave a foot print in the ECM?

Yes completly stock besides the PPE download, PPE claims that it leaves no trace.

I didnt like the ppe for my truck, but i drag race at the track. and the ppe defueled really bad, plus it only had a 155 tune so it was kinda disappointing to me

That good to know, was this for your 08 6.7? The 5.9's top tune for the reg. version is 215hp and it did the 501hp in my sig, there a 300hp tune avalable in thier Hot tuner that im fixing to get to try for them, i'll report back some findings afterwards. Milage on my 04.5 went from around 18 to in the 22's empty and from around 16 towing to like 19.5/20. I like the 215 tune very well on my truck, it took the FE clutch to hold it though.... fuels hard down low

Could I put a PPE for an 04 on a 6.7 or will I have to send it back and have it reflashed???

no the older ppe's do not support the 6.7. what mode did you have it in to get better fuel mileage? mine did not change at all of course running 37" tires and carrying 2500 lbs of welding gear in the back doesn't help...haha

Ive just added a Dr. Performance module to my rig along with the PPE, WOW! The added pressure from thier box is unreal but super touchy and hard to drive with my PPE still loaded for bear on the 215hp setting. The cool thing about thier box is it has a Off/Level1/Level2 toggle switch, I plan next time Im around thier shop to make 3 pulls on thier dyno and see just what the diff. is between them. The issue is heat with this stack though since I have a stock charger, I pulled the Quad boost fooler when I installed thier box to see just what it offers... the loss of the 14# or so of boost will make EGT uncontrollable. I keep the box off around town and turn it on once on the road with the cruise on.....Im still on the same tank but can tell it's going to get better milage. Later i plan to turn down the PPE and leave on the pressure box for a tank and see what that does for power and milage..
Ryan

Could I put a PPE for an 04 on a 6.7 or will I have to send it back and have it reflashed???

All the newer tuners handle both the 5.9 and the 6.7 Im sure they will work with you to get you the new version. Give Brian Blaire a call over there at PPE tell him I sent you, 714-985-4825
Ryan

I tried the PPE on my 6.7, and I didn't think that it was any better than the Superchips Flash Paq. Just my$.02

Ya not sure the numbers gain for the 6.7 yet, ive not dynoed one. But i know it made the clutch slip in a brand new 6.7 truck that had NO miles on it yet.?. No dought thier not what they are for the 5.9 but.....when your tip toeing around not plugging up that filter your hands are tied for making huge gains. Getting the DPF off alone is worth mega millage along with the correct delete equiptment module. We are seeing 20+ now on the cab&chassis with the Dr.P delete it was lucky to see 14 before.

I tried the PPE on my 6.7, and I didn't think that it was any better than the Superchips Flash Paq. Just my$.02

Was it supposed to be better than the Superchips? I'm not sure the Superchips will work on a CC? I believe the PPE will.

theres a PPE on a 6.7 here in town.....(with DPF delete)....truck runs really good and smokes some.

Was it supposed to be better than the Superchips? I'm not sure the Superchips will work on a CC? I believe the PPE will.

Superchips Flashpaq:
PERFORMANCE LEVELS Dodge Chassis Cabs are not supported
Extreme Tune: Max 115 HP and 240 foot lbs torque
Performance Tune: Max 60 HP and 180 foot lbs torque
Tow: Max 60 HP and 90 foot lbs torque

PPE Xcelerator:
Power levels range from an additional 120 HP up to an incredible 300 HP!
Xcelerator Standard - up to 215 HP
2003-2008 Dodge Cummins Xcelerator

Ya thier new tuner will load to either a 5.9 or the 6.7. When it recognizes a 6.7 there are only 2 power levels.... and 3 for the 5.9, 85hp/155hp/ and 215hp. They really wake either truck up big time, but one can only do so much with that DPF in place.

Does the PPE leave foot prints??? Does it clog the filter on a bone stock truck??? What did you guys pay for one

Does the PPE leave foot prints??? Does it clog the filter on a bone stock truck??? What did you guys pay for one

I've read that ALL tuners will leave a Foot print! They just have to know where to look......

far as it plugging Up ? They are plugging stock, messing with it isn't gonna help LOL Unless you Delete that crap off first! IMHO

More fuel = more Soot = Quicker plug up

Cummins engines are proven! Delete that after treatment,add a Tuner,and Live happly ever after :~) Thats what I would do! The problems not the motors,it's the Crap they hooked to it!