Ppe big problem!!!!

CumminsBoy15

Truck is an early 04 6spd. ive tried many other programmers like smarty, bully dog, diablo ect. but i installed a PPE programmer today for my first time. As soon as i started it up everything went hay wire such as: Check engine light, abs light, brake light, air bag light, and check gages light came one. Also the engine temp is at its max and wont move, Also anything over 1/4 throttle and the truck falls on its face and wont go. (kinda like the fuel is being turned off) Ive set it back to stock, disconnected the batteries and all that. Nothing helps nor does clearing the 2 codes that wont go away which are. Accelerator pedal positioning sensor and Engine coolant temp sensor. No diesel shop really has any advice around where i live so any help what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. *bdh*

Truck is an early 04 6spd. ive tried many other programmers like smarty, bully dog, diablo ect. but i installed a PPE programmer today for my first time. As soon as i started it up everything went hay wire such as: Check engine light, abs light, brake light, air bag light, and check gages light came one. Also the engine temp is at its max and wont move, Also anything over 1/4 throttle and the truck falls on its face and wont go. (kinda like the fuel is being turned off) Ive set it back to stock, disconnected the batteries and all that. Nothing helps nor does clearing the 2 codes that wont go away which are. Accelerator pedal positioning sensor and Engine coolant temp sensor. No diesel shop really has any advice around where i live so any help what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. *bdh*

Can you return it back to stock?

He tried that. :Cheer: I was gonna say the same thing. Sounds like the ecm is toast.

Last edited:
Bring it to a dealer and have them flash it back to stock.

So i go to the dealership and get just the ECM flashed? Or is there more to it? Thanks for your help also.

yeah but you cant take just the ECM. they have to have the truck.

what model PPE?

early 04? late 04?

when you plug the downloader into the OBD II port or USB cable to power it up, once the main menu comes up, press the right arrow and tell me exactly what it says

ECM had the wrong VIN and part number in it... I think it's sorted out now. Let me know how it worked out!

Last edited:
Well thanks to Forrest EVERYTHING is fixed and runs great, no more codes or lights. So thanks for your all your help it is greatly appreciated. :bow:

Just glad I could help!

I THINK the PPE was in recovery mode when it was loaded to the truck because the truck had a "generic" VIN and had a part number for an 03 SO automatic which is the first part number on the list... it's like it was in recovery, but no recovery info was entered in.

How it got into recovery without the help of PPE, I have NO idea! LOL

Just glad I could help!
I THINK the PPE was in recovery mode when it was loaded to the truck because the truck had a "generic" VIN and had a part number for an 03 SO automatic which is the first part number on the list... it's like it was in recovery, but no recovery info was entered in.
How it got into recovery without the help of PPE, I have NO idea! LOL
God-like powers. Please be here when I need you.

Im sure he will. He's a great guy and he went above and beyond to help me, Thanks again Forrest!!