PPE = Lope?

Headcase98002

A friend of mine has a 2005 LLY Duramax. He bought this about 6 months ago with only 5,000 miles on it for $27,000. He bought this truck to tow his 6sec 1/8th mile Blazer. The reason he got it was for fuel mileage and after he drove it a week he realized that it didn't get no better than his 1/2ton small block 350 gasser did, so the customizing begun. First he added a S&B intake and 4" TBE w/muffler. and it didn't help, so he decided to add a SuperChips tuner, which reduced his mileage even more. So he decided to dump the SuperChips and bought a PPE Hot+ Excellerator and BD Exhaust manifold. He was happy with it on the #1 setting. Then he got to playing with it and seen the best results in #2 setting. He read online that the LLY had a casting flaw that made the turbocharger air inlet too small, so he added a AFE Blade Runner Turbo inlet and gained 2mpg's.

Sorry for the long explanation, but thishas all led to 20+mpg's on 50% waste oils(trans, power steering, and engine oil) and 50% diesel fuel. He was playing with the PPE programmer and decided to step it up to setting #4 and he got a severe lope. The truck rocked back and forth and was just too mean for driving on the street.

So I was curious to know if anyone has ever experienced a problem with a Lope with a PPE Tune?

Sorry for the long explanation, but thishas all led to 20+mpg's on 50% waste oils(trans, power steering, and engine oil) and 50% diesel fuel. He was playing with the PPE programmer and decided to step it up to setting #4 and he got a severe lope.

Sad to say but that's not the brightest thing I've seen someone use for additive. This is a common rail diesel, not a p-pump cummins or some other low pressure injection diesel. He's most likely ruined his fuel pressure regulator.

I have nothing to do with him using that in his tank, I was just curious to know if any other person had a PPE Programmer Lope?

Ive never heard of a ppe causing a lope, he's prolly messed up something in the fuel system by running waste oil. Injectors, fuel pressure regulator, etc.