Ppe or smarty

jrbessermin

I have a 2004.5 Cummins 4x4. Looking for the best tuner for a little extra towing power. PPE or a Smarty?

EFI Live...... If you don't want that, Smarty. Use the search feature to figure out which you want. There's tons of threads about both. You'll have to wait for EFI though. :welcome:

EFI is not for the 2004.5... I have used Smarty for quite some time and have been happy with its performance.

PPE has the customer service of a corpse. If you call there and talk to Doug, you'd be better to wash out your mouth with a revolver.

PPE has the customer service of a corpse. If you call there and talk to Doug, you'd be better to wash out your mouth with a revolver.

lol, I can honestly support the 03-07 standard Xcelerator better than they can.

I wouldn't touch an old ver1 circuit board (hot, etc.) unit with a 10ft pole

When you say you can support the 03-07 standard what do you mean. I was on ppe's website and they seam pretty simple to deal with.

I mean I can fix the **** better than they can. I can also tell you which circuit board will and won't work on an 03 and why. They can't.

on an 04.5, if you're just looking for something cheap, I'd pick up a used bully dog

I dont mind spending the money on a product that is worth it. I just want to know wich one works the best, and is the most user friendly? I have also been told to stay away from bully dog, banks, and edge.

Either one will do.
Care to share the details on your truck, or can I assume it it stock?
If it is stock than the Smarty Jr and some gauges are all you need.

Of the two, I hear the PPE is cleaner on the street.
Although I have no experience with the PPE.
I had an SO-6 Smarty, sold it, now running EFI Live.

My $.02

Just noticed the double post, so I copied this over.

Back