PPE Shifting

Big Smoky

Former 35er Electrician!
I borrowed a Hot PPE from a friend that came off his 05 6spd. I noticed that the tranny seems to shift a little later than it did with the Triple Dog. PPE shift at around 3200 and the Triple Dog shifts at around 2900-3000. Is this something I should be worried about? Everything seems to shift fine and run fine, just the shift points are different. Thanks

Eric

Big Smoky said:
I borrowed a Hot PPE from a friend that came off his 05 6spd. I noticed that the tranny seems to shift a little later than it did with the Triple Dog. PPE shift at around 3200 and the Triple Dog shifts at around 2900-3000. Is this something I should be worried about? Everything seems to shift fine and run fine, just the shift points are different. Thanks

Eric

The HOT isn't even suppose to work on the "triple nickle." The Hot is suppose to work on the 04.5 and 05's. My Hot shifts at 3600, but I have alot of fuel going to the motor.

sootman said:
The HOT isn't even suppose to work on the "triple nickle." The Hot is suppose to work on the 04.5 and 05's. My Hot shifts at 3600, but I have alot of fuel going to the motor.
Really?? It's not supposed to start? It runs fine. If it's running fine, will it hurt anything to leave it on? Also, I've heard that programmers don't change the shift poins on these trannys. Thanks

Big Smoky said:
Really?? It's not supposed to start? It runs fine. If it's running fine, will it hurt anything to leave it on? Also, I've heard that programmers don't change the shift poins on these trannys. Thanks

I'm a PPE dealer and that is what "they" say. If it is working than fine. PPE has always had raised shift points. Mine shifts at 3600 to 3700 because of the amount of fuel I have on it. PPE is one of those programmers that won't screw up your ECM. There's a first for everything though.

Back