Ppump build

lcaad1249

Thought I might as well add my build to the site.
I bought the truck on ebay with a blown motor.

After tearing it down we realized the problem was the 3 cylinder cam in the motor.

There were four nice holes in the block, one of which we removed a connecting rod with the head and oil pan still in place.

I purchased most of my parts from Jesse (Got-Torque), thank you by the way.
Motor is the following:
RV275 pistons (ceramic coated on top), bigger bowls, lower ring lands, balanced rotating assembly, VP rods, A1 rod bolts, block stiffener plate, ARP main studs, and Diesel Pro DP2 cam. Pistons were milled 0.040" so they were flush with the deck. C/R is around 15:1. Head is ported and polished with Diesel Pro valve springs, firerings, and 14mm studs.

Thanks to Matt Gilmore for the firering and 14 mm job and for answering all my dumb questions.

Fuel is currently:
I have a 180 pump that DPE cleaned up with 181 DV's installed, 0.093" billet holders, zero plate, mod'd afc, cds 5k's installed, and a rack plug. It flowed 375cc with the 181DV's in it. He thought with 024's it would jump to 415cc's and with full cuts or some of the new DV's out now it would be 450+cc's. I have an adjustable pump gear to install also.
Injectors are JL 7x.14 with a tightened spray pattern.
Planning on an Airdog, but not sure which one and already have the Hellman Sump.

Truck came with a 2.6 legal S400 turbo with protrusion, but I think I will be running a 62/71/13ss over s480 with race cover.

Transmission is a full built HTS with a stock stall'ed ATS 5 star convertor.

I've thought about upgrading the DV's to a set of Smokem's but wasn't sure if I currently have enought fuel for the setup or could use more as I'm new to ppumps.
I know this setup won't be as forgivable as my commonrail as far as a do it all (DD, tow, race, pull) but I like to do as much as possible.
I'll add more pics and info later as we should have the motor back buttoned up tonight.
Any recomendations or suggestions, please let me know.

Good luck with the build!! But hey.... where or when did you take that picture of the truck where fuel was $2.92??

Just curious, how did you clearence the block stiffener for the main studs?

Hey Mark, it's Andrew that got Kat the ice at TS last year. I got the block already done from Jesse.

good looking build!

quick question: is that red paint on the inside of the head?

good looking build!

quick question: is that red paint on the inside of the head?

Thanks man

Yeah the head came red internally. When I bought the truck it was apparently just put together by Scheids (still had assembly lube on everything).

Back