Ppump Tappet cover

heavyd1980

Alright so i have started my ppump/engine overhaul and was wondering how you or where do you move the ECM on a 98.5??? My tappet cover has the vent on it just aft of where the ECM mounts. Does anyone have any pics or suggestions??? Thanks!!!

It mounts back in the same place no issues. I run a p pump cover on my VP truck.

You will have to rig up a mount or just let it hang... In my case I used my stock vp tappet cover which doesn't have a bulge or vent elbow so I just moved it back one section

Mine sits nicely on the frame rail... But the best thing is to make a bracket for it to mount off the side of the head somewhere

i have my ecm mounted to the back bolts near fire wall on the tapit cover
and i am running a 12v cover and just found some old deep sockets for spacers all fits good 2 years running like that and no problems
jake

make a bracket to hang off the inside brake booster bolt. i used a piece of 1" wide 1/4" thick steel and twisted it a 1/4 turn. Drilled some holes to bolt the ECM to, don't forget to land the ground wire too.

Thank you to everyone! Looks like I will build the bracket to hang off of the brake booster. So who can tell me why my truck has a tappet cover with the crankcase vent? Was this a 98.5 year model thing only or????

I heard it was a dealer fix for the front breather tube making a mess. I know a friends 98.5 had it.

I used 8x1.25 all thread and spaced it out!

a8ccafb0.jpg

I spaced mine out like above using small pipe as spacers with longer bolts. Just moved it towards the back of the motor and looks factory clean.