predator question

QIKDSL

Hi, Ive got a 2004 lb7 duramax. I recently bought a diablo predator for it. I also have a airaid intake and 4inch turbo back straight pipe. I was looking on diablos site and saw you can do custom tuning. Has anyone tried this? Is it possible to get a higher hp tune made and installed?

Last edited:
Don't waste your $$$ on anything except a tranny upgrade, your Predator will limp the tranny at the 85hp setting.

Wow really? I don't dog on it all the time or anything. Just maybe once in a while Ill play around a little. How easy will it smoke the trans? I got a buddy that has a 06 with ppe hot on stock trans for about 20,000 miles now and no trans problems.. Different trans then me?

Do you have a 5 speed or 6 speed? LOL They are all about the same. If you really want POWER...do the trans first. About 60 HP is all you want to run from ANY Box. I know it sounds lame but if you don't have the coin to rebuild your trans (clutches mainly) then you should not run heavy HP. We have several vendors here that can sell you a really good trans or enough upgrades to it to make it live at lower (100 or so) HP. DTT, ATS, NADP, and SunCoast transmissions are just a few of the transmission pro's represented on this site. Cruise around and see what they have said about your Allison 1000 OEM holding HP. It's a great transmission but it isn't designed (built) to hold much more HP.

Back